More Than Mellons😃

Request by- @HobbitLover13

Prompt- Taken in by Oropher and fast friends with the Prince, Thranduil grows to like you as more than simply friends.

Warnings- None😄

------------------

You had no clue where in Middle-Earth you were. It may have been the Mirkwood forest. It may have been a forest closer to the outskirts of Mordor- you didn't know. Wherever you were, it was green, fading to grey. The air was becoming hazy and sunlight was beginning to fade.

You didn't remember why you had run. All you could remember was running. You didn't remember anything; all of your memories were gone.

All was silent and eerily still. Cautiously, you looked around. Nothing was to be found- not a thing in sight. Then, you heard it. Leaves were rustling, a slight breeze was cutting through the air, and the hushed voices of some creatures could be heard.

You panicked, worried that the creature- whatever it may be- would be foul one; a foe; wanting to harm you rather than to help you. You took slow, deep breaths in an effort to calm yourself.

The voices were still hushed, but increasingly audible to your ears. The muffled hoofbeats of horses intermingled with the hushed voices, which were unmistakably either man or elf. Based on this, you gathered that you were- at the time- stranded in the Mirkwood forest and the voices were elven.

Your assumption was correct. Out of a small, hardly noticeable clearing, an elf riding on an elk and an elf on horseback approached you. They were deep in conversation; they almost didn't notice you. Almost.

The elf on the elk halted, seeing you. The elf on horseback followed suit, turning his head to you. "What are you doing in the Mirkwood forest? This is hardly a place to wander when the sun is dozing off," the elf on the elk said. You could barely hide the fear and panic on your  face.

"I'm lost, sir. I've been running from an unknown foe, or perhaps a tragedy. Which one, I am unsure of, but the latter sounds more like it," you said. The elf on the elk and the elf on horseback gave one another a sidelong glance. They nodded in agreement, then faced you.

"If you are lost as you say, then I shall offer lodging to you, and - on behalf of all of Mirkwood- you may fulfil your days here if you wish to do so," the elf on the elk said. The smile spreading across your face was unmistakable.

You agreed without reluctance.

------------------

You smile from across the long, wooden table at your friend of two hundred years- who happens to be the Prince of Mirkwood- and nudge his foot with yours. He laughs lightly.

"Daydreaming, Y/N? What a shame. Were you daydreaming of me? If so, then that would not be a shame," Thranduil says cheekily. You groan at your friend. He pesters you relentlessly, insisting upon the notion that you daydream and fantasise of him.

"Thranduil, I was only thinking of the time your Ada rescued me from the clutches of the most eerie forest known as Mirkwood so long ago. It seems as if time has barely passed since then," you say, heaving a sigh.

Oropher smirks at his son. "Indeed. Only two hundred years has passed, and - I believe- it is to the very date," Oropher announces. Thranduil groans, leaning back in his chair and wiping a hand over his face.

"You know, isn't it around time for Thranduil to select a wife?," you ask, smirking at the reddening Prince. Oropher hums.

"It is. I believe that Thranduil ought to assess his options. Miriel, Glorien, Aerin, Alma, Eloriel, Daenys, and - of course - Y/N have come of age just this year. If you are fortunate, ion, then you will choose the right one," Oropher says, smirking at his entirely red heir.

Thranduil gives you a playful glare. You smirk, raising your cup to drink the elven wine.

"May I be excused, Oropher? I believe Eniel is awaiting me in order to begin my lessons for today," you ask. Oropher waves a dismissive hand. You nod in respect to him, then smirk at Thranduil, before exiting the room.

------------------

You smile to yourself, relishing in the amusement of the  embarrassment of Thranduil. He was glaring at you with every word you and his Ada had spoken.

You are forcefully pushed into a wall, pulling you out of your trance. Thranduil stands in front of you, smirking. He has you cornered, and he's going to get you back.

"Revenge has come easy. I know you will say yes to my offer, because I know you have fallen victim to my looks and charms, as I have yours. Now, you are my chosen. Accept or decline?" Thranduil asks, his face mere centimetres from yours.

Realising exactly what he means, you playfully swat his chest.

"I'll only accept if you kiss me," you say, donning a smirk akin to his. Thranduil's smirk grows.

"That can be easily done," he says. Thranduil gently presses his lips to yours. You reciprocate the act of passion almost immediately, provoking it to deepen. The two of you only part for air.

"I've always wanted to be more than mellons with you," Thranduil says. You sigh, cupping his face with your hands.

"As have I," you say. Thranduil moves, allowing you to remove yourself from the wall. He holds his arm out for you to place your arm in his. You do so, smiling.

"Now, we just have to get this approved by Ada," Thranduil says.