Beach Pt.21

The door slowly creaks open.
"We reported it...now we just wait.."
Tord leans up in his bed.
"This is all my fault. I'm a terrible person. I couldn't even..."
He runs a hand through his hair.
"God dammit..."
Edd rests a hand on Tords shoulder.
"Hey. It's okay. I'm sure he'll come back soon."
Matt smiles.
"Yeah! He'll come back with one of those empty fancy bottles of vinegar in his hands and everything'll be alright!"
"Vinegar?"

Edd whispers back to Tord- "he doesn't know it's vodka."
"Ohhh..."

Matt sits down on the bed.
"He sure does like his vinegar! I tried it for myself one time, and it burned!! But it didn't taste that bad, so I used that instead of regular vinegar in my recipes!"
He pats the bed.
"I've been using it ever since!"
Edd looks at Matt with wide eyes.
"E-ever since..?"
"Yep! Every time I need vinegar, I use the fancy ones Tom buys!!"
Tord covers his mouth and looks away.
Edd shifts a little
"And..how long have you been..?"
"Hmm..maybe a couple years? One or two.."
"ah...haha. hahaha, that's fine. That's- you should probably stop doing that."
"Nah."

"..."

Slam

Tord shoots up from his bed.

Oh god, not again.
I'm getting tired of these nightmares.

Tord slowly stands up and looks around.

The room is completely black, except for the small shining object in the distance. Even the bed has disappeared.

Tord walks forwards slowly, it feels like there are weights attached to his limbs.
The harsh winds blow towards him, making it nearly impossible to move forwards. Release one of your feet from the ground for more than a second and you'll go flying back.
The glowing object shines into view.
A key.

Tord reaches forwards, his fingers brushing the key before he loses his left foots grip and goes flying back.
His feet flail around before grazing the ground. His feet plant themselves into the ground as he slowly stops.
He looks forwards, the key looking like it's a mile away.
Why do we even need the key?
We're not sure. It just..feels right..
He shakily reaches forwards before-
Test failed.

Suddenly, there is no key.
There is no floor.
There is no feeling.
There is no gravity.
Tords body slowly lifts up, completely weightless, the room still pitch black.
His body presses up what he can only guess is the ceiling.
He cautiously looks around, looking for whatever he might need to get this time.
He moves across the ceiling stealthily as if he was a lizard. At this point his priorities are set on getting out of this bootleg version of the game Portal.
Until..
Tords eyes dart over to a sound he's heard many times before.
He moves across the ceiling towards the sound to hear it better.
...sobs.
He continues forwards until something glowing on the floor below him comes into view.
Not glowing like they small key he was reacting towards earlier, something much brighter.
Something blue.
Suddenly, Tords eyes adjust.
"Tom..?!"
The shaking body dosent move to look towards his voice, but instead stays planted in place.
"Tom? Why aren't you floating? What are you doing? Are you okay?"
No response.
Along with Tords eyes adjusting, he sees that Tom is not simply just on a flat floor, but in a rather deep hole.
Tord stretches his arm out.
"Tom, try jumping. Try..."
Tords feet latch onto the ceiling, before forcing themselves to rocket off.
Not thinking this would change anything, Tord didn't brace for impact.
But all of the sudden Tord can clearly feel the wind rushing past him, along with his body slamming down uhhh the floor.
Rubbing his cheek Tord slowly stands up, walking over to the deep hole where the glowing body lies.
Tord keels down next to the hole, reaching his hand out.
"Tom...take my hand-"
...no response.
Tord anxiously looks around him
before jumping down into the hole.
The body is much smaller than he made it out to be from the surface, but nevertheless he rests his hand on Tons shoulder.
"Tom..?"
The body stops its shaking. It's hands fall down to its sides as it looks over at the other being in the hole with him, alongside a huge smile.
Mimicking Tords actions, it's rests a hand on Tords shoulder.
"Yeah, leave. No one wants you here anyways."
Tord immediately jumps back. Why did he think this would be good...or real? How could he fall for some poorly put together-
"It's your fault they're hurt"
"It's your fault they're hurt."
"Its your fault they're hurt"
"It's your fault they're hurt."
"No..stop! It's not-"

It's your fault they're hurt.

Tord wakes up in a cold sweat.
"Heh..just a dream."
He rests a hand on his cheek.
"Just..."
He removes his hand and looks at him palm.
Blood.