Chapter 6

[Maleficent's POV]

I swore under my breath as Diaval and Aurora muttered words of encouragement. "Ow...OW!" I screamed. It felt like my insides were being twisted, pulled and squeezed until the pain was nearly unbeatable and then it would slowly subside just to return again. Soon I began feeling the urge to push. "Diaval...the baby is coming..." I said amidst the pain and pressure. "I know." He responded. "No, now!" I said, doubling over at the pain. "Oh, god..." He said, trailing off. Aurora went to the end of the bed. "Push, Maleficent, push!" I pushed hard and long before exhaling heavily and grasping Diaval's hand. "Push again!" She yelled. I pushed harder, focusing on the baby. "One more time!" Aurora yelled. "Come on my love, you can do it!" Diaval shouted. I pushed as long and hard as I could, focusing every ounce of strength I had in my body on the baby until I heard it: the cry. "It's a girl!" Aurora exclaimed, holding the tiniest little newborn in her arms. She handed her to me. She cried, but I didn't mind. It was the softest, sweetest, most delicate cry I had ever heard. It was amazing. "What should we name her?" I asked. "How about...Leah?!" Aurora exclaimed. "Hmm..." I contemplated. Leah meant beautiful graceful hawk eyed. I liked it! "Yes, Leah is a very good name for our baby." I said, smiling. I breast fed Leah for a while until she fell asleep. I lay in bed, thinking. Diaval and I had a baby together, named Leah. She had only been alive for a few hours, but she brought so much joy to my life. When I looked at her, love overcame my body in a way it never had before. I felt so protective of Leah. I would give my life for her. A mothers love for her child is so great, so immense, and not many people can fathom the amazing feeling of holding your child in your arms and thinking: this is my blood, this is my child, and I love them more than anything else in the world.