Chapter 1

[Maleficent's POV]

"How are you today, my pet?" I asked Diaval. "I am just fine, thank you." He responded. I stroked his feathery black hair. He smiled lightly and took my hand, kissing it. I raised my brow at the handsome crow's gesture."Hmm..." I smirked elegantly. "How kind of you." "I'll always be kind, mistress. To you and our Aurora. I love you." He smiled. "You...love me?" I questioned the bird, my long fingernails clawing his exposed chest. "You and Beastie, I am quite fond of." I said. I was scared to admit to the handsome crow that I indeed felt something for him. He nodded, watching my fingers. "I love you. Forever and always. You and Aurora are my life. It's like...we are her parents." He whispered. I turned my head to look at the princess, playing happily with the fairies in the flower beds. "I do agree," I muttered. "It still pains me to get so attached to you, Diaval." "Why, because you know you won't be able to hold back?" He smirked, grabbing my hand and pulling me closer. "Maleficent, darling, I'm not like the old king. I promise I will protect you. Nobody will hurt my Queen." He smiled. "Who know, maybe you'll leave too." I sighed, my wings twitching behind me. "No, never." He said, kissing my lips softly and holding me close. "I will never hurt, or leave you. You are my queen, my love. I want a family with you. Yes, we have Aurora, but..." He trailed off. He stared at me quietly. I had never seen him act in such a manner. I almost...enjoyed it. "Aurora...she is somewhat of a daughter to us." I spoke gently. My rose lips met his porcelain ones. He stroked my cheek gently and sighed softly. "You and Aurora are all that I love. If I lost you two, I would die." He said, kissing me on the lips again, pulling me close to him. "I will always be there for you." He promised. I listened to his words and then went in for another forceful kiss. I placed my fingers on my lips. My heart beat hard in my chest. "I do believe you, Diaval." I admitted. He laughed lightly and looked at her. His eyes moved from my shoes to the skirt of my dress to the bodice of my dress to my wings to my face to my horns. "Hmm...beautiful." He crooned. "Oh hush, Diaval." I murmured witha gentle laugh, pulling out of his grasp to walk down to the enchanted stream. "You know you love it." He chuckled, following behind me and looking around. He bent down and picked a flower, then put it in my hand, a smile on his lips. I took a seat to watch the beautiful wildlife around us and looked at the handsome raven. "How kind of you, Diaval." I smiled, accepting the gift. He took a seat next to me. "Maleficent...you're my love." He whispered softly, looking at me. "As you are mine Diaval." I muttered, my horned head gently resting on his lap. I let out a gentle, relaxing sigh, gripping the black cloth of his shirt and flickering my gaze up to him. He stroked my hair and kissed my head. "I'll always protect you my darling." He murmured. "I believe you my dear." I muttered, nuzzing my head further into my lover's thighs, relaxing completely. He watched me, one dark around me and the other stroking my hair. He sighed gently and looked out into the Moor while holding me close to him in a protective way. I felt completely safe in that moment in time. For the first time in a long time, I felt love consume me once again. I began to doze off in Diaval's protective arms.

[Diaval's POV]

I watched her while running my fingers through her hair. I kissed her head and then leaned my head back and stared up at the sky, a small, soft, quiet sign coming from my lips. I loved Maleficent and I would die for her. That I knew. I quietly carried a sleeping Maleficent back to our house, perched on a hillside, overlooking the Moor's beautiful landscape and wildlife. I set her down on her bed, made of dark wood with an ornate gold bedspread with tassles, intricate designs carved on the bed's headboard and footboard and little twinkling lights on the faux branches. I laid down beside her and wrapped my arms around her, my face buried in her neck gently.

[Aurora's POV]

"Oh!" The sun is setting! I must return home." I said sadly to the fairies I had been playing with. "Goodbye!" They answered and flitted away. I walked up the hill to the wood house we lived in. It nearly blended in with the natural bumps and waves of the hill. I opened the door and called out "Maleficent? Diaval?" No answer. I ventured up to the bedrooms to see: Maleficent and Diaval sleeping in Maleficent's bed together, his arms wrapped around her and his face buried in her neck. I gasped in surprise. I always knew they were friends, but I would have never thought that... Oh well. I decided I would question them come morning. For now I retired to my bed, curious about what had happened between Maleficent and Diaval, but soon tiredness overcame me and I drifted off to sleep.