Chapter 20~

Tae knew what he was doing...

I hope...

Jimin's POV

"He should have been back by now" I stated, now out of Yoongi's hold and sitting on the steps as my hands were closed together in front of my mouth as Yoongi was in the background holding the girl.

"Jimin, its been literally a minute" Yoongi spoke.

He was right Tae has only gone under minute previously and I had already pushed out of Yoongi's hold, handed the girl over to him and started to panic.

"Exactly!" I shouted whipping my gaze from the water filled corridor back at him "What if something has happened?What if he's stuck down there?!" I questioned getting up and walking over to him "What...what if he's drowning...and we're just standing here whilst all he can do is let his lungs fill with water as his screams for help get submerged and lose to the water?" I questioned, my voice breaking and becoming almost silent as I spoke softly.

"Jimin calm down" Yoongi spoke, 'how was he this calm?' "The last thing you want to do is panic, that'll only make matters worse" He spoke as the little girl clung to him. Her tears had stopped but her face still projected fear.

"Yoongi its been a minute, I know him" I said turning to look at the water just in case he came back "Even when we were kids we would have competitions in the river just behind my house in the summer to see who could hold their breath the longest " I said looking back over my shoulder at him "He'd lose every time, he can't hold his breath for that long. He could hold his breath for 30 seconds at best" I said sternly, a plot beginning to plan in my head.

"How do you know? That was when you were little" Yoongi argued, but was obviously trying to comfort me "He could have improved by now".

"He's my best friend" I smiled before snapping my head back at the water once again "And I...I can't lose my best friend" I finished throwing the black jacket with had caused me so much trouble onto the floor.

"J-Jimin" Yoongi called, stepping forward "W-what are you doing?".

"I'm gonna get my best friend back" I said before diving forward like Tae did before me, hearing Yoongi shout my name before my sound was muted by the raging water.

Opening my eyes immediate as the salt water stung like a thousand stings from wasps to my eyes. The deadly ice-cold water scraping and stinging my skin like a whip, as it felt like my skin was being ripped off piece by piece. Knowing that with this temperature my breath capacity was now halved, I quickly pushed off the wall behind me whilst using all my strength I moved my arms to propel me against the water. I desperately scanned the submerged hallway for any signs of Tae, my findings came up dry as I quickly pushed myself further down the hallway.

Coming towards the end of the hallway was another path that went to the right. Quickly propelling myself forward I gripped onto the wall, pulling myself around the corner.

As soon as I did my eyes opened in both panic and relief.

There lied Tae, passed out on the floor with his arms still holding onto the axe that was attached to its holding box by lines.

I pushed myself off the wall behind me over and placed my feet on the wall where the axe was. Holding onto the axe I pushed away from the wall with all my strength as it snapped off but also sent me flying back into the wall, knocking some of the air out of me.

Holding onto what air I had left I quickly wrapped my arms around Tae, pushing off the floor back down the hallway.

Now with double to weight, it became increasingly harder to keep a constant pace. My lungs burned from lack of oxygen which travelled up my throat and into my mouth. Pushing past my body obvious cry for air, I continued to push myself off both the walls and the floor when we kept sinking as I could now see the staircase in view.

My body suddenly started jerking forward and choked on itself, my lungs searching for any type of air inside of me as I nearly opened my mouth for air.But that's the last thing I wanted, my lungs filling up with water.

I reached my free arm that wasn't held Tae forward grasping onto anything I could find to help me forward. Desperately trying to find something to help as my vision was starting to become black as I realised mine and Tae's fate was going to be sealed if I didn't get out now.

Grabbing hold of my last bit of strength within me. I launched myself off the floor pulling on the door frame of one of the rooms to help move us forward. My legs kicked desperately against the water as I fought against both the forces of the water against me and my own body that was starting to shut down. Feeling the ship start to slant a bit I knew I had to get out of here now before all hope of ever escaping was lost.

Pushing myself to the limit my eyes landed on the approaching handle of the staircase. I looked down, pushing and kicking against the water for the very last time.

Relief washed over me as I felt the cold, hard metal come into contact with my hand. Grasping it I quickly pulled myself with Tae to the surface.

Pulling myself up onto one of the stairs I gasped desperately for breath as I coughed up what water had managed to seep into my mouth. Quickly turning to sit down as I pulled Tae up, out of the water and bringing his back close to my chest.

"Yoongi!" I cried, still coughing and gasping for air "Help me get him up!" I screamed, pushing myself to my feet and dragging Tae up the metal stairs.

Yoongi quickly placed the small girl down, telling here to stay there, and ran over pulling both me and Tae up.

I flopped down on the floor, still coughing as my lungs now pulled in air as fast as they could. Yoongi quickly pushing me aside and pulling Tae onto his back, placing his ear into Tae's chest.

"What are you doi-?"

"We've gotta do this quickly" Yoongi spoke getting up onto his knees "I hope this doesn't make things awkward between us" He spoke before pinching Tae's nose, tilting his head back and connecting their lips.

Pushing air into his lungs he quickly moved to pumping his chest "Come on" He groaned, going back to repeat his previous task "Come on Tae" he panted "Wake up" he groaned out desperately.

"Let me help" I said quickly making my way over to his side.

"Knot your hands together and do 30 pumps to his chest when I say okay?" he asked pinching Tae's nose again.

I nodded doing as he said.

"Go!" He shouted after blowing more air into Tae's lungs.

I quickly started to apply pressure as fast and as hard as I could.

"Come on Tae! Fight it!" Yoongi shouted looking down at Tae's expression dead face.

'Come on Tae, wake up...

please...'

A/N: Hello! Hope you enjoyed this chapter! Sorry not sorry for leaving it on a cliff hanger 😂! So is Tae going to make it? Sorry for any grammar or spelling mistakes! Until next Wednesday! Happy reading! Annyeong!
-Jamlessfan95