Chapter 20: Tattoo trouble Pt. 1

Start from the beginning

"It's the only good news that have ever come out of their mouths" I said and laughed knowing I had been a little too mean. But neither my parents or Paul were present, so I could release some bitchy tension without the risks of being punished... by the latest obviously.

I took a second to think just how crazy my life actually was. I went from having lazy parents and no one to count, to have a lame teacher trying to tell me what to do nicely, to have a badass teacher I hated, to having a warm friend to lean on and who meddled so much in my life that he actually got my parents to be better. I think he deserves a Nobel prize if you ask me, I don't know what you guys think about it. Just in that moment I received a control call from Paul, asking me how where things and what I was up to. Seriously I didn't have enough hands to take so many calls from worried people, but I prefered to pick up Paul's. Even when he was bossy, he was caring and always understood what I was going through. I had started to think he was my rock that kept my feet on the ground these days.

I arrived home just in time for dinner to avoid small talk with anyone. The house service had prepared a delicious dinner and had it served the second I sat down in the huge dining room we had but rarely used. My parents were awfully quiet at first, which caused a bad feeling to settle in my stomach, since they usually are unanimously chatting between themselves about work and stuff. I didn't say anything though, since I actually appreciated the silence one in a while. That was... until my mom decided to say what they had meant to tell me for a while now.

One would have thought I'd react angrily at the news, that I'd slam doors and scream profanities to my parents before locking myself in my bedroom like any teenager in my position would do, but I was unable to do so. The news had shocked me so badly all I attempted to do was to slowly rise from my seat and walk quietly out of the fancy dining room and up the stairs, counting the steps in my head before shutting my door quietly behind me.

For hours I stared into nothing locked inside the four walls of my bedroom, who seemed to be closing up against me, trapping me forever. For a moment, I wished that. I squeezed my eyes shut as hard as I could and wished with all my might that I could just freeze time for a moment to give me a break of all the thoughts that were running aimlessly inside my head making it hurt. My brain worked really hard to process what was going on and when it did, my heart simply shattered.

I had finally found the source of the rotting smell.

I decided I couldn't wait any longer to tell my friends, so I called Valerie and Jazz for a last minute emergency gathering. In normal circumstances, I would have offered my place, but this was anything but normal and I was desperate to get out. I felt like an angry tiger in a jail, pacing around my big bedroom while waiting for the other two to reply. Not 2 minutes later, they answered we'd be gathering in Valerie's place. I collected everything I needed to spend the night at my friend's place, took my car keys and left without saying goodbye. I could hardly even look at my parents, much less live under the same roof anymore. I drove as fast as I could and barely touched the break a few necessary times until I reached destination. If only I could escape from this life in a RUF CTR. Once I walked into Valerie's house and greeted their parents, we walked upstairs and locked the three of us inside her bedroom. To say I was awfully quiet was an understatement. Still my girls knew me better, so they contented themselves with chatting among themselves, patiently waiting for me to decide if I was going to be part of the conversation or not. For the moment, just being around them made me feel at ease, but the horrendous feeling of that not being viable anymore made my stomach twist painfully and my eyes pool with stinging tears.

I knew they were looking at me, expecting me to say something. I knew the anxiety and the tension was killing them, so I gathered up all my strengths to say what I had rounded up my girls to say. Slowly but determined, I let out my breath and the dreaded words came out as well.