Chapter 8: You're imperfect but perfectly perfect to me.

"So this is what detention feels like?" I asked while observing our teacher slightly dozed off. The room was filled with different kinds of students. There's a cheerleader making out with a guy. There's a gloomy guy on the other side of the room. There are also noisy students that probably mistook detention as the cafeteria. Basically, it almost seem like everybody does not give a damn.

"Yeah, not up to your standards love?" He answered while fiddling with my fingers. The mere touch was enough to sent shivers to my spine. I can feel his warmth being transferred through my fingertips and it makes me feel complete and happy.

His hand was bigger than mine and when he clasped our hands together, I felt a sense of security with him. I know that I am protected. It feels like nobody can hurt me.

Everything that don't makes sense seems to fall in place.

"Hey, you're zoning out." He whispered to my ear. That snapped me out my thoughts and all blood must have gone to my head. Too close, too bloody close. My mind was screaming.

"Can you stop calling me such names?" I blurted. I didn't know why I said it. My mind must be seraching for the right words to say but ended up saying otherwise. The boy does a huge impact on me.  

"But it's my way of showing I like you" He snickered

"Wha.. What?"

"Oh Naomi, you're adorable" He said while grinning

"Stop flirting with me." I exclaimed. Talking with Daniel brings out the hopeless - awkward side of me.

"You love it though" He chuckled. Then proceeded to brush off the hair that's covering my eyes. He then used his ulltimate weapon called "irresistible smile" on me. And I'm pretty sure I've seen heaven now.

"I bet all girls drop their panties when you do that" Okay, nice choice of words Naomi. 

"Do what?" He replied. Looking clueless about how absolutely charming he is. 

"That"

"What?" Again, he used another weapon of his called "Cutie Confused Look"

"You're doing it again"

"You're not making any sense Naomi" He sighed. 

"Never mind." I shrugged

"No, say it" He urged while making me look at him. 

"No"

"Yes"

"No"

'Yes"

"No!!" My voice was getting louder now. I don't even know why we're arguing about something so small. Blame my emotions. But hey, I'm a teenager so no hate.

"Just say it Naomi" He said with so much conviction. I blinked then pinched the bridge of my nose. I'm always wondering why he chose me. He could have anyone he wanted. I'm no one special.

Just a plain girl and here he is, almost perfect goddamn cliche boyfriend every girl dreams of. Ugly feelings consumed me. 

Insecurities kills.

Then all of a sudden, he spoke in a soothing gentle voice "You're not perfect, Naomi." It didn't occur to me that I may have blurted my thoughts out loud. Stupid me.

"Let me finish okay? I said that because I like the Naomi that is full of flaws. I like when you turn red like a tomato everytime I compliment you. I like your awkwardness, your smart ass replies and goddammit gorgeous smile. I like it when we fight about petty things. I may not know everything about you yet but I'm learning and each time, you have me flipping. You're imperfect but perfectly perfect to me." He confessed and I saw his eyes held sincerity in them

I was at loss for words. I sukced in a breath because of all the feels that's coming. Like a thief, he stole my heart completely. Right now, I'm falling further into an abyss of no return.

Maybe I'll regret it. Maybe I'm too hasty. 

The world stops and all I'm seeing is him. I forgot that we are in detention. I forgot that there people in this room. I forgot everything completely. All I know is that I'm with him and I have him right now. Not completely but almost. Soon.

But with all my guts, I did the one thing I've always wanted to do since I met him.

I kissed him.

------

Author's Note:

Gonna continue this story! :) No longer on hold. Also check out my new story called "I Dare You"

Thanks