Now wasn't the time.

"You just need to stay alive long enough for the police to arrive." Giuseppe said. He had returned as soon as he heard word and spent the entire night thinking of every possible outcome. As much as Giuseppe would hate to admit it aloud, he was nervous too.

All of the men looking at Francesco with wary eyes, and despite his own emotions he held an icy resolve.

"That is doable." Francesco said with a sigh. He checked the Rolex on his wrist, a gift from Enzo, "I should leave now."

"Are you sure you don't want any back up?" Louis inquired, standing from his spot on the loveseat next to Henri.

Francesco shook his head, "It would only make Paolo and the police suspicious. I don't think a 'civilian' would walk into a common meeting with armed guards."

"They want to kill you, they may not care if the police are there." Henri commented, concern in his eyes.

Francesco shrugged, "Poi recita una preghiera e manda dei fiori a mia madre."

'Then say a prayer and send flowers to my mother.'

"And your wife?" Giuseppe asked with an accusatory glance. Francesco purposefully didn't answer, turning on the ball of his feet.

"I will call you when it is over with." He said dismissively before exiting the house just as quickly as he had entered.

~*~

Francesco climbed out of the driver seat of his car, locking the doors behind him as he made his way towards the front doors of Paolo's home. Paolo would have already been made aware of his arrival, as he had to sign in at the date a few meters away from the property line.

He could only assume that Paolo would've been relieved after failing to see anyone pull in behind Francesco.

There were two men standing at the door, they wore heavy frowns on their face and disregarded Francesco's presence. Instead of pausing, Francesco opened the door, seeing Paolo's back as he spoke to a random woman in his home.

He turned when he realized Francesco's presence and smiled, "Francesco, you are right on time, as always."

It took everything in him not to frown when he was greeted by the snake of a man. Instead, he managed a tight smile, shaking his hand and letting himself be pulled into the hug.

"Paolo, i assume you have a good reason to want to see me after breaking into my home." Francesco said.

At the very least, that part had been obvious, and he knew Paolo wouldn't be able to deny that fact.

"It is probably along the same lines as to why you didn't kill the rat I delivered to you. He couldn't caused me great trouble, but I am sure he still lives, no?"

"That is my business." Francesco said curtly, "What is it that you need?"

Paolo's facade almost cracked before he continued, "We have a shipment coming in, it is an unexpected one but I am eager for you to see the reward I have reaped for us both."

"And this couldn't be handled over the phone?"

"I understand your skepticism, but I have already agreed to put yesterday behind us. Today will be a sign of trust between us both." Paolo said, and his words were convincing.

Francesco felt the instinct that Paolo was being dishonest, but instead he shrugged, "Fine."

"We have to go to the docks."

"I couldn't have just met you there?" Francesco asked.

"No, we both have some trust to work on, and I don't want the police showing up unexpectedly."