Part 6

Suman was doing the dishes when she heard her phone ring " hello?"

" Hi ,Shravan here"

"What do you want from me!"

"I want to meet you .."

"Look Shravan You got what you wanted now there's no reason for us to talk or see each other"

"Suman I just want to sort out the issue that's between us. After that I will leave you alone I promise " He waited patiently for her answer " Please"

She exasperated letting go of her ego for a moment.She also wanted this unnecessary hate to finish .

"Fine"

Suman and Shravan sat at a small cafe next to the window ,the waiter came by giving them their coffee. "Thanks" Suman said as she took a sip of her coffee.

"Suman ...I know the party is not a day you want to remember but I want to talk about it with you"

She nodded with a heavy heart

" I didnt intend to bring your family matter in like this. Trust me I had no idea. Its just that after what you did to me I resented you a lot and when you apologized if felt like it was no big deal for you . I wanted you to know how it feels to be humiliated and laughed at."

She listened on quietly as he spoke

"Im sorry for everything I did and for the way I behaved "Suman eyes softened on him as she heard the guilt in his voice. She put herself in his position and realized what he did was out of anger and resentment.

"Shravan I know what I did to you was wrong. I was immature, arrogant, and insensitive. I always picked on you and insulted you many times . I felt that if I did that everyone would like me even more .I thought it made me look cool and increase my popularity" She paused as her voice was filled with remorse ".But I was wrong, it was fun for me... but not for you" Shravan was surprised hearing her say all this ...

"Suman its ok I.."

"No Shravan its not ok .Till this day I regret everything I did to you .I somewhere feel responsible for you going to London and being away from your family "she paused pursing her lips regretfully "I'm really sorry" she said sincerely looking in eyes

He felt her apology coming from the heart and blinked once forgiving her .Suman smiled feeling the guilt release from within her .

"I guess we both were at fault"

Suman nodded "I think we should just forget about whatever happened and move on from here"

"so does that mean we're good ?"he asked cautiously

She couldn't help but give a warm smile " we're good" They both owned up to their mistakes maturely and forgiving one another.

There was a brief silence between them as they took a relief sigh ,who knew that forgiveness could be a cure for any grudges. Suman looked outside enjoying the sunshine ..

Shravan slowly spoke up wanting to change subject " umm by the way I tried one of your brownies after the party "he admitted sheepishly

Suman was surprised " really? And ?"

" you were right your not a bad cook , infact your PCT food is delicious " he praised

Hearing this made her so happy ! "Im glad you liked it !"

" what else do you cook?"

" Almost everything, working at the restaurant really helped and Of course learned from my mom"