She'd told him she'd always listen, because she cares. So now seeing his look of wavering uncertainty and eye darting, Dallas reassesses and takes a breath.

"Tell me what you're thinking Griff." Dallas nudges his leg.

"It's not anythin'." He waves off, and goes to sit his elbows on his knees with his head propped up on his hands.

"It's not not anything though. Spit it out." Dallas pushes.

Griffin leans back with a audible sigh, "I jus' don't wanna get attached to nothin' real fast okay? Coop barely died a week ago, and I don't want myself attached anywhere yet."

I already am attached here.

"I understand you, I do." She breathes.

"I know ya do. Let's see what else this place has got yeah?" Griffin stands up and offers his out to her, she takes it and gets off the bench and drops her hand as soon as she's up, throws away her wrapper and walks alongside her friend.

They walk around Queens for a while, there was lots to see that was new, most of it though was tourist knickknacks in stores. Dallas really likes the ones where it had her name on a license plate or a snow globe. It was a dumb buy but on a shelf in the near back was a dragon-like figure with her name on it for the dash of the car, so she allowed herself this once to get something odd and probably useless.

It was dark now, they'd long since left Queens and are in Manhattan now, driving slowly through the neighborhoods Dallas had trailed off to in search of somewhere to park and sleep for the night. She is feeling exhausted from driving so much today, her eyes are starting to flutter and she just really needs to park and go to bed.

A spot in the dirt between a old building that the poor presumably live in is where Dallas decides she can't drive any further and has to stop for the night. The car gets parked and the headlights switch off.

A sigh drains the life out of her body. Everything empties itself from her tense body and she can finally finally feel like she can breathe for the first time today. She's so close to following Griffin to dreamland when she sees something flash above the building.

Frowning now she gently pulls herself out of the car and into the freezing night, attempting to see for herself what that was. Dallas quietly closes the door, she has the keys in her pocket so she's not worried about leaving Griffin locked inside as she wonders forward looking up.

It happens again so fast Dallas hardly processes that there was actually something there and above her head.

"That's the Iron Legion, they patrol for an hour then go home to Starks Tower." A disembodied voice says.

With her neck craned so far back Dallas hadn't realized she'd wondered further away from her car, almost down a whole street to see what was flying, that a voice had snuck up on her. Automatically she stops looking up and starts searching for the voice.

It is way darker on the streets in New York than it is in Malibu, there's more shadows which makes more places for people to hide and Dallas doesn't like the feeling that she was exposed in the moonlight and someone had had the chance to even sneak up on her. It has her tense again that's for sure.

She doesn't know what people are like here. Didn't even look it up. She assumed that they would be like the ones back in Malibu,
off-standish at first then sort of nice later on or at least more bearable. But here in New York, Dallas hadn't even considered that there could be worse people here. Maybe more like the ones that killed Cooper back in Malibu.