Play It Again

A/N: So this is sort of like an bonus chapter. It won't be very long and it's gonna be from Ariel's POV. If you understand the title, you might know what's about to happen. 

_______________________________________________________________

Ariel's POV

~~~

"Ariel!" I heard Sebastian call from behind me. I didn't stop but slowed down so he could catch up. "Hey," he panted when he reached me. 

"Hey," I said. 

"You know that's just how Nick is," Sebastian said, referring to what I had said earlier. I sighed. 

"I know. But it was a pretty dramatic exit," I said, nudging Sebastian. He smiled his crooked half smile and I could picture a younger, awkwarder version of himself pushing his glasses up his nose. We walked in silence. I was painfully aware of Sebastian's hand close enough to mine that I could feel it, but that we weren't actually touching. 

Looking back over my shoulder, I could no longer see the others or hear them so I sat down. When Sebastian realized I was no longer next to him he turned and saw me. I motioned for him to sit next to me and he did. I pulled out my phone and turned on my All Time Low station on Pandora. Dear Maria, Count Me In came on and I sang quietly to myself. 

"You're a great singer," Sebastian said when the song ended. 

"Ha! You're funny Mr. Rivers," I said, poking his side. 

"Well you're better than me," Sebastian said, staring out at the water. He narrowed his eyes as if trying to see to the other side.

"So what is up with Nick?" I asked after a pause. There were fireflies out now, flying around and glowing, turning the ocean a golden blue. Sebastian shrugged and turned to look at me again. 

"I don't know. That's just the way he is. Ever since I've known him," he said with a sad sigh.

"Ever since you've known him? So you're whole life?" I asked jokingly. Sebastian's eyes flashed with fear before he laughed.

"Basically yeah," Sebastian said nervously. He looked back at the water as if he didn't want me to see him. I opened my mouth to ask him something else but he cut me off, "Are they your favorite band?"

"Who?" I asked.

"All Time Low."

"Oh, I don't know. I like a lot of bands," I said. "What about you? Do you have a favorite?"

"We The Kings," he said without hesitation. "I love them."

"You have good taste then... I guess we can be friends," I said with a smirk.

"We weren't friends before?" he asked looking quite confused. I shook my head.

"Nope. We were acquaintances. Now we're friends," I explained. Sebastian opened and closed his mouth a few times as if he wanted to say something but wasn't able produce words. It was at that moment when he was finally able to speak that Kiss Me Kiss Me came on. I jumped to my feet. 

"Oh my god! I love this song," I yelled before I started singing along. Sebastian was staring at me, his mouth forming a perfect "o". I rolled my eyes. "Come on, Sebastian! Dance with me," I said as I pulled him to his feet. He stumbled against me and I grabbed his hand, using it to spin around. 

So kiss me, kiss me, kiss me and tell me that I'll see you again! 

I sang along as we danced, our bodies moving together, Sebastian's awkwardly at first, then more smoothly. I grabbed his hand as we jumped and spun and sang. 

Cause I don't know if I can let you go!  

As the song came to the end we stopped spinning and we swayed, very cliche if I do say so myself. It was slow and sweet even though the song was upbeat. 

Here's to teenage memories. Here's to teenage memories. 

"Here's to teenage memories," I whispered as the song ended. I realized I was leaning against Sebastian's chest and I turned my head up towards him. His hazel eyes were already looking at me. And then they were closed and he was leaning towards me and I jumped backwards. As soon as I did, I regretted it. I missed the feel of Sebastian's arms around me, his hand in mine, his head resting on the top of my red curls. But the worst part was the look of hurt that flashed across his face. He glanced down at his feet before mumbling something and walking away, his hands in his pocket. 

I cursed under my breath and watched him. I wanted to kiss him. I wanted to be with him, I just wasn't aloud. I had never been aloud to date, not until I turned eighteen according to my parents and that was in another three years. I had never had a boyfriend before, I had never been kissed before. I collapsed back into the sand and sighed. I couldn't ask Sebastian to wait three years. It wasn't fair. 

"Fuck it," I said, pushing myself up and running after Sebastian. Peter had never listened to that rule and neither would I. It's not like my parents were around enough to notice if I had a boyfriend or not. I saw him walking with his head down back towards the house. He had avoided the others, thank God. "Sebastian!" I called. He didn't stop but sped up. "Little bitch," I whispered under my breath. 

"Sebastian," I breathed, grabbing his arm and spinning him around. In the darkness he was all angles and planes, cheekbones and eyelids. His eyes were dark but sparkled agaisnt the light of the fireflies. He looked angry and sad all at once. I pressed my lips together and took a breath before leaning up and kissing him. He was a whole head taller than me so I stood on my tip toes and wrapped my arms around his neck for support.

Sebastian was frozen for a moment before he slid his arms around my waist and up and down my back. I shivered, but not from the biting wind that blew in from the sea. He gripped me tighter lifted me off my feet before spinning me around. I laughed against his lips and move one of my hands to touch his cheek. He was warm against my cold hand. He smiled after we broke apart. 

"Do you do this with all your friends?" he asked, out of breath. His cheeks were flushed but he was grinning, his crooked beautiful grin. I giggled and caressed his cheek. 

"Just the special ones... Serenity and Luna mostly," I said. Sebastian laughed this time and kissed me again. I jumped into his arms and he fell backwards with me on top of him. We were both silent before bursting out laughing. I rolled off him and we lay there together, our fingers laced together. I could feel his pulse beating against mine and fell asleep, my head on his chest.