Falling Hard... From A Tree

Serenity's POV

~~~

When I got inside the house, my dad was no where in sight. I assumed he was in the study when I heard the familiar tapping of the keyboard. I tiptoed up the stairs, careful not to disturb my dad. I knew he thought I was at Jess' house but I still felt bad lying to him.

Apparently, my sneaking skills are not the best because as I was creeping past the study, the door flew open, making me jump back in surprise. My dad stood beaming in the door frame.

"Hello, sweetie," he said as he gave me a hug. "How was that dance? Was that Vase boy nice to you?"

"It was fine," I lied. "And his name is Oliver Glass, not vase. And he was, very nice." That part was true, more or less. I couldn't exactly remember but I suppose he was nice, besides leaving me at the dance.

"So are two dating now?"

"Dad!" I said in exasperation, rolling my eyes. I walked past him and into my room.

"What? Can't a father wonder?" He asked as he followed me. My dad had been asking if every boy I ever met was my boyfriend. Ever since Malcolm died, I suppose he thinks I'm lonely. He would be right of course. But a boyfriend wouldn't make that better. You know what they say, "when the sun has set, no candle can replace it."

"Well, don't forget tomorrow you promised to help me with some of my book research," he said as he looked at himself in the mirror. He is such a girl.

"Okay. Are you ever going to tell me what that book is about?" I asked, sitting down on my bed. My dad turned to face me, "You will just have to wait, like the rest of the world." He winked and walked out of the door, closing it behind him. I leaned back on my bed and moaned.

I spent the next hour lying in my bed with Cas, eating saltine crackers and watching Game of Thrones. When I heard a knock on my bedroom door, I groaned and told whoever it was to go away. I pulled Cas closer to me and buried my face in his soft fur. The door creaked open anyway but I didn't look up until I felt someone sit down next to me on the bed.

"Hey," Luna said when I looked up at her.

"Hey," I said back, sitting up with Cas in my lap.

"You kept the cat?" she asked after an extremely awkward silence. I assume she was trying to make it less awkward but it only made it worse.

"Yeah. He won't leave," I said. She nodded her head and looked around my room.

"Look, I'm sorry," we both said at the same time. Luna giggled and I smiled and shook my head.

"I don't know what was wrong with me last night. I can't even remember what I said to you exactly," Luna said, scratching her head.

"Yeah, I don't remember anything after you said that stuff to me," I confessed. "Nick thinks Oliver spiked it," I laughed. Luna joined in, then her face went blank.

"Wait, Nick? As in Nick Rivers?" Luna asked. I froze. Crap. I was screwed. I was planning on not telling anyone about my adventures with Rivers, but that seemed out of the question now. "What were you doing with Nick?" Luna questioned after I didn't answer right away.

"I...I sleptoverathishousebecauseIwastoodrunktogohometomydadbecausehewouldmurdermesoNickbroughtmetohishouseIdon'tevenrememberitsoIcan'treallytellyouwhathappened," I said.

"Okay, I got  'drunk' and 'murder'. Can you say it again, just slower?" Luna asked. I took a deep breath and said it again.

"YOU WHAT?!?" she screamed, jumping up from my bed. I covered my ears, I was still partially hungover and had a pounding migraine.