Epilogue

Vibrance, Vigilant, Deathbringer, and Glory watched the tiny dragonets trying to play hide and seek together from the royal pavilion.

Seven years after Darkstalker, their friendship was still as strong as a rock.

It had been such a joy to all of them, when they had discovered half a year earlier, that Glory and Vibrance had turned up to be with egg at the same time.

The love Glory had felt when she found out, it was one beyond anything she had felt before.

Inside of her, was a living being that held something both of hers and Deathbringer's essence. When she layed the egg, she never really thought much of what its gender would be. All she cared for, was that it hatched healthy.

It had been a surprise when the egg turned out to be a twin egg. It was a rare phenomenon for first time mothers.

The queen smiled at the memory and watched as her six month old daughter found her twin brother camouflaged in a tree branch.

The dragonets squealed with delight as they set out to find their best friend, Twilight, Vibrance's and Vigilant's daughter.

Little did they know that she was hidden in the shadows of the trees, doing her best not to laugh.

Too soon it started to get dark, and even though it was now perfectly safe to be out at night, Deathbringer insisted that the dragonets had to go to bed early.

"Mommy dragon," the queen mumbled under her breath.

"I heard that!" He exclaimed with a frown as he went to go retrieve his dragonets.

Glory rolled her eyes and went to say goodbye to Vibrance and Vigilant. It had been a long a day for all of them, especially for the little ones. Twilight was curled up on her father's back, deeply asleep.

"See you tomorrow," she said.

The long-time friends exchanged hugs, and soon Vibrance and Vigilant were off with their daughter to their hut in the RainWing village.

When Glory turned around, Deathbringer had already gone inside with their son, Hunter.

When their dragonets hatched, the queen and her bodyguard made a deal to name one dragonet each. Deathbringer chose the name Hunter for their little boy. When Glory asked why, his reply was simple, yet stupid to her standards.

"It's a cool name, I've never heard of another dragon named Hunter before. And you have to admit, it sounds pretty hot. Don't want the prince of two tribes to end up single do we?"

"Exactly, he's a prince. 'Hunter' doesn't sound like royalty at all! And I don't see how it's supposed to be a hybrid name. It sounds too causal."

So with Glory's insistence, their son was officially named Shadehunter. But dragons usually forgot that was his full name, so Hunter it was. At least socially.

The queen came to the present as her daughter's little talon tugged on her wing.

"What is it, Aurora?" She asked gently.

"You waz teaching colors yeterday, I waz wonderrr-ing. Waz the color of night?"

For some reason, the question took Glory completely off guard.

"Well, it's uhh...," she couldn't quite phrase it correctly.

"It depends on how you see it, my little queen," Deathbringer answered, walking in behind them. He wrapped a wing around both of them.

Aurora giggled as her father's wing covered her completely. She peeked her head under it to watch her parents.

They were looking at each other, deep in their memories of seven years ago.

"So..." the princess said.

"Oh right," Glory jolted herself from the past. "What daddy means Aurora, is that it depends on how you see the night. For example, you can look at in fear. In that case, the color of night would be black and dark."

"But," Deathbringer continued, "if you see it as pretty and with hope, then in that case the color is mystery."

Aurora's face frowned in confusion.

"But, thaz not a color mommy said," she implied.

Her parents chuckled together and looked at her adoringly.

"One day, you'll understand what we're talking about," Glory said. The RainWing-NightWing princess shrugged and made herself comfortable in between her parents.

As the rulers of the rainforest gazed upon the stars with amazement, Aurora caught something moving in the trees out of the corner of her eye.

As she urned her head to take a better look at it, she found herself trapped in mystifying, bright grey eyes. And surprisingly, they weren't her father's, the eyes belong to the silhouette hidden in the trees. Watching her.

The princess gasped at how beautiful they were, and a shiver went up her spine as the mysterious silhouette disappeared in the trees.

Those grey eyes would stay in her mind forever, a memory she wouldn't ever forget, she was sure of that much.

Aurora went back to look at the stars with her wonderful parents. And in that moment, a single word her father had spoken passed through her head.

Mystery...

————————————————————-

Wow, I can't believe I actually wrote that in less than five hours.

Whelp, now the bonus chapters. But those of course, will come on later in the month.

Again, thank you!!

Look at the stars, and they'll look back at you. Who knows, the might grant you a wish.

-Sofi