Chapter-2 Inside The Stars

A giant part of him was screaming "Don't leave Glory alone!" For the first time since he had met her, he didn't want to be near her at the moment. He knew she wasn't going to follow him, it was nearly impossible to do so anyway. His Nightwing scales blended into the night pretty well.

He flew quickly, occasionally looking down at a couple of Nightwings who had finally discovered their true sleeping schedule. Asleep at day and fully awake at night. There were more than usual, most of the Nightwings didn't want to look at anyone after the battle at Jade Mountain with the Icewings.
According to Moonwatcher, she and her animus friends had made a spell that had let the Nightwings and Icewings see into each other's mind.

Deathbringer finally reached his destination and landed lightly on the giant tree he had found the other day. He laid down and put his head over his talons. He looked asleep from far away but his ears were listening intently just as he was thought in his assassin training.

He should have told her what he felt for her. Although he guessed that she must already have a clue. Sometimes when he felt really hopeful, he assumed that Glory returned his feelings. But they were gone as soon as he had seen them. He loved her, even though he knew that a relationship with her bodyguard right now would be that last thing Glory needed.

He heard flapping wings coming toward his way. It wasn't Glory, he would recognize her silent flying anywhere. This dragon wasn't an enemy either, it was Destinyseeker.
She was the only friend Deathbringer had ever had in the island. After his first mission with his mother,Quickstrike, they had gotten apart and had only reunited once after the explosion of the volcano. She was only a friend, not a good friend like Glory or the other dragonets of destiny, but still a friend he could count on.

She landed heavily unlike him, and sat down with her tail around her claws. He usually called her Destiny, finding it too complicated to call her by her full name. "Hey Death, thinking of your next kill huh," she stated matter of factly.

"No, I'm just thinking of someone who..."
he trailed off.

How was he going to tell Destiny that!
He had to be secretive about this, no one was supposed to know. "Who saved my life that's all."
"You, out of all dragons needed saving! I find that very hard to believe."

Of course she does, thought Deathbringer.

Right after their first day of even saying hi, she had confessed that she had a crush on him. Deathbringer was only two at the time, and didn't really understand what she was saying, only that she had wanted to be as near him as possible. Now that he was practically a full grown dragon he understood perfectly well. The thought of it had only made him shiver and go running away from her.

However, when he had returned from the commotion of the exploding volcano with Glory by his side, he noticed she had changed a lot.

"Hey I'm right here you scavenger-brain." He lifted his head and looked at her straight in the eye.

"What did you call me?" He asked, his tone was ominous yet playful.

"I called you scavenger-brain, got a problem with that? Cause if you do, you can talk to my teeth and claws." She retorted defiantly.

"In fact I do," he said. Not a second later Destiny was dangling from the branch, her talons holding onto the wood with Deathbringer's claws over hers. If he let go, she would fall.

"Ok, you win!" she exclaimed, starting to panic a little.

"You bet I did!" Deathbringer replied with a smirk.

"Yeah yeah, now get off me, Death."

"Right sorry."

With that he brought her back up to the the branch and then sat down just as she had done earlier. The sun was starting to rise and it looked too beautiful too be true. He turned towards Destinyseeker who was looking at it too. The sun's light was on her and she looked...well, gorgeous. Stop! He thought to himself. Glory is the only one! He had never looked at Destiny that way, why now?

There was this strange feeling that something wasn't right.

She wasn't exactly as beautiful as Glory and she was a little barbaric. When she wasn't thinking of him, Destiny usually thought about war, death, blood, and revenge. Her parents were killed by Icewings when they were doing a secret mission and had gotten caught.

As if to prove his point she suddenly said,"If those Icewings that killed my mother and father are watching this now, I hope they treasure it because it will be one of the last ones they will ever see."

Deathbringer wasn't worried at all. She usually said things but never actually did them, it was one of the things he had learned about her throughout the years. He twined his tail around hers to comfort her for the loss of her parents. He quickly kind of regretted that because she mistook it for the wrong meaning and leaned her head on his shoulder. He sighed, no he didn't regret it, it was nice to have a dragon who cared for you once in a while.

Their little scene was unexpectedly interrupted by a scream coming from the center of the rainforest. And it wasn't just any scream like the ones a couple of Rainwings did occasionally because a Nightwing had eaten their pet sloth. No, this was a scream that Deathbringer would always come running too.

It was Glory's scream, and it was full of pain.

What do y'all think of the love triangle i just made?
I know you guys must hate me for it but I feel that Glory's and Deathbringer's relationship could be a little more complicated and dramatic. Anyway I have a super cool plot twist for the end.

Ok so comment what you think and I'll see you later with another chapter
-Sofi