Chapter-8 Stars and Seas

Deathbringer woke all of a sudden, he heard no noise coming from anywhere. He wondered what could have woken him up.

He stood up and carefully stretched his wings. Glory was still asleep, but her expression was noticeably more peaceful.

He walked over to the entrance and cleared the leaves he had put earlier to let sunlight come in. Except that there wasn't any sunlight.

The giant ball of flames was gone, and in its place there were stars. More than usual.

The main moon was out, and the second one was slowly coming out as well.

He had been asleep for a whole day!

Oh no, Glory's friends!

Again, he flew back to the royal pavilion. But with much more energy of course. He made it in record time, and spotted a heap of what appeared to be five dragons. Sunny was in the middle, her scales letting out much needed warmth in this chilly night. Around her were Clay, Tsunami, Starflight, and Fatespeaker.

Fatespeaker was the first one to hear him come in, as everyone else was asleep.

"Wh-who's there?" She stammered out.

"It's okay it's just me, Deathbringer."

"Oh, guys wake up," she whispered shouted.

The four D.O.D slowly woke up, mumbling phrases of, "Five more" or "not now."

With Clay saying very clearly, "No! The penguin is escaping!"

Tsunami on the other talon however,
"Took you long enough bringer of death."

"How did you guys end up here," said Deathbringer with surprise.

"Banana said that we had to stay here until Lord Deathbringer came, care to explain that Nightwing?" Of course, only Tsunami could make up such a rude question only a couple of seconds after waking up.

"Tsunami! Let him talk," Sunny said with an undeniable look of annoyance on her tiny face.

"Fine! Talk away assasin ."

"Glory is... is not cleared for a hundred percent of living chances at the moment."

At once, Sunny started sobbing lightly. While Clay hung his head in early mourning. Starflight just looked thoughtful. And Fatespeaker just had a troubled expression on her face.

Tsunami however, still held a warrior face. Her mouth was set in a straight line, and her eyes held a knowing look.

"She will be fine, always pulled through with...everything. Don't see the difference here. I don't even know why you called us if she's fine!" Tsunami said all this very bravely but, her eyes were threatening to spill tears.

"What do you mean Deathbringer? I don't understand a thing about what you said," said Fatespeaker who was trying to change the subject to something more comfortable. She failed miserably.

"He means that Glory could die if she's not strong enough to hold up with her injuries," replied Starflight who had been completely quiet during the whole conversation.

"Oh that's horrible!"

"Guys, it's late. We should go back to sleep so that we can go see Glory tomorrow."

Everyone turned their heads to Clay. He was always the one trying to stop any possible fights between the grown up dragonets.

Deathbringer shuffled his feet nervously, the cause being of next words, "Mango will show you the way to your temporary huts. But first I need to give some of you guys something."

They all watched as the Nightwing ruler made his way to the queen's desk. He pulled out a drawer and took out four scrolls.

He handed one to each Dragonet of Destiny. They realized a moment later that it had their names on it.

"These are from Glory, she left a scroll behind saying to give these to you."

Clay, Sunny, Tsunami, and Starflight all stared in shock at their scrolls.

"Go, Mango is here. Don't worry water princess, I'll make sure you're the first dragon Glory sees tomorrow."

Tsunami nodded her head in gratitude, and took off from the pavilion to follow her friends.

—————————————————————

Yay!!!!  200 and plus reads thank you so much you guys!!!

I don't know what I'd be without you. I never expected to go this far into the book to be honest.

Special shoutouts to:

Nightwing-lover29

BloomDragonFire

raymond1937

LaurenABlack

Wingsoffireduder

You people have all supported me in a way by either voting or commenting. I will always be grateful for that.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Also thank you to everyone who has read my fanfic too!

I'll be posting more often now since I'm on Thanksgiving break. My aunt cooks turkeys so good they want to eat themselves. 😂

Clay: TURKEY WHERE?!!!!!!!!

-Sofi