Chapter 13

Brittany POV

           "Anna, the baby's still alive," I whisper, tears slowly moving down my cheeks. "I want to have this baby with you. It may seem like you lost it and we've figured that's why you haven't woken up, but Anna it's alive. Ben's stupid and couldn't hit it right." I look down at Anna's pale hand and move my thumb back and forth. I pick my eyes up and stare back at Anna's closed eyes. "You have to trust me Anna. Wake up. Just wake up everything will be alright. Ben's gone, taken to jail even. The baby's okay. Your mom's here. I'm here. We're ready for you to come home." I stare at her for a few moments and see nothing's happened. I sigh and lean back in the chair. 
          Though after a few minutes I feel her hand squeeze mine. I squeeze back, letting her know she's not alone. A wait a few seconds but still nothing. I sigh and put my head down on her hand. But suddenly feel my hand lifted. I lock eyes with blue ones. Anna's blue ones. I bite my lip trying to fight tears that are welling up into my eyes. I stare at her beautiful blue ones that look tired. "Baby...baby's not d-dead," She whispered. 
          A smile forms on my lips and I open my mouth to speak. "The baby's not dead, Anna." She smiles and I suspect her too look away from me but instead she keeps our eye connection locked and says the most surprising and randomness thing. 
        "B-Brittany Snow..........will you marry me?"