Young Forever: Epilogue Part 1

Start from the beginning

You sat in silence for a while, while the tears finished falling. Namjoon handed you a tissue.

"C'mon I taking you for food." He said kindly.

Namjoon bought you an ice cream cookie and onion rings.

"I wish it was different, but at the same time I'm glad he's out of my life." You said, wiping the grease and cream from your mouth with your tear-soaked sleeve.

Namjoon nodded in agreement and flashed a sympathetic smile.

"Yoongi's suffering." You said.

"Yeah, he's not great at dealing with grief," Namjoon added.

It was your turn to nod. "When dad hit Yoongi for the first time, he came into my room crying and read me a bedtime story, I was eleven."

Namjoon stayed quiet, not eating his food, he was listening to you.

"The first time mom refused to help me with homework, Yoongi helped me, even though he had homework too."

You started to cry again.

"When I was four, that's when we were a normal family, but I don't remember any of it. Yoongi hasn't been perfect, but he's tried, when we moved to the apartment, I was seventeen, I wasn't even done high school, Yoongi made sure I passed with flying colours."

"After he drunkenly threatened to kill me is when he quit." You continued.

"Why did he start drinking?"

"I don't know, maybe it was everything accumulated over the years."

You paused and took a shuddering breath to keep from crying.

"Yoongi was always in his moods, not long after I started University." You took another breath, "And Jin came along and fixed it."

Namjoon handed you a napkin to dry your eyes, you had used up all his tissues.

"I think now, I might be okay, I'll learn to be okay again, and live my life as more than okay." You said bravely.

"I'm sorry y/n."

"Namjoon you have nothing to be sorry for."

"I know, but my heart still hurts for you." He said solemnly.

"Is this what heartbreak is every time?" You asked in a whisper.

"Yeah." Namjoon breathed. "When I was 16 I dated a girl. She was abusive, she told me I was worthless and no one would love me. She dragged me to parties where I ended up doing a lot of drugs. And one night I had too many drinks, weed, and shrooms on board. I got really paranoid and ran to the nearest mall, got lost and to make my escape- I pulled the fire alarm." He looked down. "Later that week I was fired from my job at the music store where I met Yoongi. The only place that'll hire me now is the gas station. I changed y/n. I realized my mistakes, and I haven't done chemicals since. Because I let her walk all over me, I can't have a real job or pursue my dream of music. Y/n what I'm trying to say is: don't let people abuse you. It's not worth the 'friendship' or 'romantic relationship' it's just not worth the pain." Namjoon sighed again, before looking at you.

"I guess it was one of those 'it'll never happen to me' moments. I didn't want to believe he was a bad person." You said, meeting his gaze.

"No one wants to believe that their friend is a bad person." Namjoon said, "You feel very deeply, y/n, people are going to hurt you, sometimes they may not even know it."

You nodded again. You were done with tears, but the pain and tightness in your chest hadn't gone away.

"Namjoon, I can't look at black striped hoodies the same way."