{3} Nightmares

On the way back to their rooms Calum stopped and began to speak to Rose.

{Rose} 🥀

"Do you want to like hangout in my room for a little bit? If you don't want to that's fine" He asked while scratching the back of his neck.

"Um...sure" I shrugged my shoulders and replied. I have nothing better to do. For some reason I feel so much trust from him.

We continued walking in silence down the hall, then Calum stopped when we came to his room. It was the same room that I had stopped at earlier to admire. The one with the various records lining the walls.

"Do you listen to a lot of bands?" I looked back at him. He smiled.

"Yeah I love music...but how did you know?" He sarcastically replied because it was pretty obvious. He stepped back and allowed me to enter his room. I looked around at the rest that I couldn't see from standing outside of the door.

"Your door was open, and I saw your room when I was going to get food," I told him then sat down on the edge of his bed. His comforter was just basic black with white sheets. It was quite comfy. He had a desk across from his bed that was resting against the wall. On the desk was various notebooks and pencils. I guess he writes music? I assumed this because he also had a acoustic guitar leaning on the side of the desk.

I got up and began to admired the records. Calum grabbed the chair from his desk and sat in it backwards allowing him to keep his eyes on me. I glanced back at him.

"Favorite band?" I questioned.

"Um...definitely Green-day" He slightly chuckled, and softly smiled.

I ran my finger along the spine of the books that were in his bookcase. Same bookcase as mine.

We sat in silence for a moment. It was comforting. Silence for some reason made me feel alright. Im doing OK.

  [Calum]

I admired Rose as she paced the room looking at its features.

She's Beautiful.

Wavy, dark, almost black hair fell just below her waist. Her eyes, pure ocean blue surrounded by dark navy rim locking the perfect color in place. She's tiny, frail. She's just bones. I feel the need to protect her. To keep her from breaking, although she already seems Broken.

"I think I should get back to my room before my nurse come to check back up on me," She flustered awaking me from my thoughts.

I looked up at her.

"Thanks for letting me...uh...hangout? I guess" She shrugged and let out a slight chuckle while staring down at the ground.

"No problem," I bit my lip.

She nodded and began to walk out the door but turned back.

"I'll guess i'll see you around then." She smiled one more time before exiting my room.

I'm not gonna screw up this time.

{Rose} 🥀

"Did you make any friends?" 

"Geez Janice! Gimme a heart attack would ya?!" I jumped at the voice of Janice scaring the hell out of me. She was sitting on my bed while going through her notes.

"Sorry...I just have to give you your meds and i'll leave ya to it," She stood back up and went through her med bag.

"I made a friend are you proud?" I told her then slumped down on the bed.

"Mhm...Who'd you befriend?" She grabbed a needle from her bag.

A Needle Da fuc....

"Girl what do you think your doing with that?" I backed up from her.

"Oh, this is just for your IV. You have to have it connected while you sleep, but you can take it off in the morning." She injected the medication in the IV bag.

I crunched my eyebrows. It's really bad when you can't even sleep.

"Mhm...and his name is Calum."

"Calum?" She jerked the needle in my arm.

"Ow!" I winced.

"Oh sorry...I just thought you said Calum." Her reply confused me.

What's wrong with Calum?

"I did? Am I not allowed to be friends with him?" I questioned her.

She began to unzip her bag, but she paused.

"Be careful," and with that she left.

Leaving me to my thoughts.

Why do I need to be careful? Did Calum do something horrible...Is that why he's here?

I need to know. The curiosity spread through me.

I'm going to find out what horrible thing Calum must have done to end up in this place.

I rested my head on the pillow and tried to fall asleep while my mind ran wild of thoughts concerning Calum.

S l e e p.

~

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I looked around and saw I was in a bathroom. It was dark. I was on the cold tile floor.

The water lightly escaping the faucets.

Drip. Drip. Drip.

I stood up and walked out of the bathroom. Everything around me I didn't recognize, but my mind somehow knew where to lead me.

I found myself walking down a hall. I heard footsteps pacing. They were coming from the room behind the walls.

I found the entrance and went in.

Someone standing in the room had no their back turned to me. I walked up and placed my hand on their shoulder.

Dark eyes,
Dark hair,
Calum stared back at me.

Something is off.

"Do you trust me?" He held his hand out. Without thinking I took it.

The room began to windle away. We were suddenly on a rooftop. Our hands still intertwined.

Something's Off.

I felt a wet sensation dripping on my hand.

I looked back up at him. Blood on his clothing, running down his arms. I quickly backed up.

I was scared.

Not his, It wasn't his blood.

"What did you do!" my voice came out in a whisper. Wanting to scream.

"It's not my fault...It's not my fault!" He screamed back coming closer. I backed up.

Too far

I felt myself fall backwards.

W a k e

~

I jerked myself up from bed.

It was just a dream.

It was just a nightmare.

Your OK.

Tears collided down my face. The fear was rising.

The dream felt horribly real.

Frightened to fall back into another nightmare.

I stared at the wall until my eyes burned. I barely blinked. Scared to fall into slumber. I stared until the sun took its place in the sky. Creeping up into the sky.

I'm OK. Your OK