Hide-And-Go-Seek

Beginne am Anfang

        “Well, I mean, it has its perks. Especially when you’re with someone else. The possibilities are endless.” He winked. “Can you stop being a perv for two minutes?” I rolled my eyes playfully.

        We've been sitting here for a while asking each other questions, some more inappropriate than others at Ben's expense.

        “Fine, fine…. What was your favorite thing to do when you were little?” He played with one of my curly strands of hair. “I don’t know… I loved to play outside with some of the neighbors.” I said. “What game? Like Hide-And-Go-Seek?” He tugged gently. “Oh no, I hated that stupid game.” I cringed. “Why? That’s like a classic!” He looked at me incredulously. “When I was really young, I couldn’t count and when I would play with my older cousins they would always pick me to count first. So, I would just stand and say ‘Nine, Nine, Nine” until I thought the time was up. Well, ever since then they would play ‘Nine, Nine’ which meant I was always ‘It’ and never got to enjoy the game. It’s kind of pathetic.” I giggled nervously.

         “Well, I know what I have to do.” He got up and held a hand out for me. What? Was he going to take me home already? Did I say something wrong? “Just take my hand sweetheart. Trust me.” He pulled me up to my feet. “What are we doing?” I looked at him. “We are playing Hide and Seek. Ben’s version.” He winked. I started to laugh. “In this one, I am always ‘it’ and you are always hiding. And I promise you, I will always find you in the end.” He licked his lips.

 “O-Okay.” I stuttered as I tried not to think about how perfect his lips were. I went on to hide and found an opening to the inside of the small children’s playground. “Nine! Nine! Nine!” Ben was counting and I stifled a laugh. What a dork. A hot dork. My mind reminded me. And boy was he attractive. My mind wandered off to how strong his chest felt under my hand, how his eyes would glaze over when he was aroused, how his smile brightened when he was amused. “Ready or not, here I come!” He shouted. I don’t know if I wanted to take that as a threat, or a promise. I heard footsteps come my way and I stiffened. I looked over to my left and saw another small opening. I slowly began to crawl toward it. “I know you’re here somewhere, Emma.” His voice cooed through my system. Focus, Emma, focus.

         I heard his steps coming closer and that’s when I made a break for it. I sprinted to the nearest tree and heard his footsteps catching up to me. I touched the tree a second before I felt his hands on my waist from behind. “Gotcha.” He whispered. “I’m afraid you’re wrong, Mister. I touched the tree before you got here, which means I’m on base, so I’m safe.” I turned around still touching the tree. “Are you, really?” He whispered as he leaned closer, his lips an inch from mine. I stayed still in the moment, scared that any movement would shatter it. His grip on my waist tightened, one hand slowly came up and gently stroked my cheek. I closed my eyes and moaned as he grabbed the back of my neck and applied a light but tender kiss to my lips.

"Is that okay?" he looked into my eyes. I nodded in response. "Thank God." he whispered as he applied more pressure to my lips this time. I immediately responded and put my arms around his neck as he pushed me against the tree.

 He stroked his tongue across my lip as I allowed him to enter. I moaned as his hand traveled down my back pulling me closer, if that was possible. I felt his arousal against me and that's when I realized what was going on. He must've felt me tense because he pulled away and pressed out foreheads together.

        “Too fast?" He smiled. "I'm sorry, I just-" I was interrupted by a light kiss on my lips. "Don't worry, Emma. I love that you set boundaries, nowadays that's hard to find. Don't ever be sorry for being yourself. You're too beautiful for that." He smiled down at me. Maybe Ben was different.. He seemed genuine, and was a gentleman, something I haven’t experienced in a long time. He made me laugh, made me feel happy and after a crappy week, that was important to me.

 "You're something else, Ben."

  “Is that a good thing?” he replied. “Definitely.” I smiled as he pecked my lips once more as we started walking towards the party again, which seemed to still be blasting at three in the morning. “But.. You should know, I just got out of a crappy relationship and I’m not sure about jumping into another one.” I saw his face fall.

“Look, Emma.. I could wait. But, I want you to know that I’ll treat you right. I won’t hurt you, I could promise you that. I understand if you need time but, I just… You make me happy. Okay? And usually when I meet a girl all they talk about is themselves.. Yet, we talk about Jellyfish and Hide and Go Seek. Which I loved playing with you by the way..” He chuckled.

“Yeah, I can’t lie. I really enjoyed it too.” I blushed. I could hear the music from the party getting closer, and I knew we were just a few houses away. “You make me feel something that I only experience when I’m on the field, Emma. Maybe even more.” He held my hand.

 Field?  “Wait, you play football?” I asked.

“No.”

“Soccer?”

“No, sweetheart. I’m on the baseball team.”

“Oh, God. Which baseball team?”

“For FSU? I go there remember?”

“Oh.”

“Everything okay?”

 I was about to reply until I heard a familiar voice speak up. “Hey, B! Where’ve you been? We were just- Emma?” I look up to see none other than Tony standing there, possibly drunk, looking at us curiously. “Hey, Tony..” I mumbled. “You know Tony?” Ben looked at me, clearly confused. “Of course she knows me, B. She’s my little sister.” Tony clenched his fist as he saw our hands were intertwined. I pulled away.

“Oh, shit.” I heard Ben mumble.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Uh oh. What'll think will happen next? You think Tony will understand? 

What do you guys think about this chapter? Didn't get to edit this much, but I did change the Chapter because I felt like it didn't flow too well.. Help me out if you have some suggestions, if there's any corrections.. Just be nice about it. :) Thanks! Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

~CityLightGold