Epilogue

Aaron already knew that Kieran had struck Caitlyn but little did he know the extent to which it had effected her. He let out a cry in anger. Never had he lost Caitlyn so many times at once. Never had he felt joy for such a short period of time only to have it taken from him once again. Just as he was reaching out for Kieran he let himself fall back into the hall in the ground. Aaron would have taken measues so big that he would have followed Kieran inside but the hole closed up before he could reach it.

"Aaron"

Danie;'s voice sounded shaky. Aaron turned back around. He felt his heart shatter As Verena. Thorne and Claire and Daniel crowded around Caitlyn. Throne had Caitlyn's head in his lap. He kept smacking her cheek gently to get her to wake up.

Aaron inhaled with worry and dropped everything rushing over to them. He kneeled and looked down at her body. When he saw that her chest wasn't rising and falling he didn't hesite to grab her wrist and check her pulse.

Her wrist did not pump.

Aaron's heart ws about to drip but then he realized something. Her skin was still warm he lowered his ear down to her chest where her heart was. There was no beating but instead a small flutering that Aaron could hear as if something small was leftn within her. It was as if she were a candle burning furiously and hard began to go out, but still had the small glowing of heat on the wick. Something was within her and Aaron knew it.

"...dead." Claire said with despair staring down at Caitlyn in shock.

"No...Not dead." Though it still pained Aaron to know what state she was in. it was mot much beter than dead, "There is still a piece of her soul left within her. I feel it. I know it. Caitlyn and I feel the same things. If she was dead I would not feel her presence stirring within me as apowerful as she is right now. The other pieces of her soul are lost scattered throughout the realms."

They all exchanged glances though Aaron didn't raise his head from Caitlyn. He knew he would have to find the pieces of her soul and unite them all together again in order to bring her back. But he had no problem doing that he had trekked through the darkest places for her nad he was more than willing to do it again.

"What does this mean?" Thorne asked as he looked at Aaron.

Aaron's lifted his head and with both worry and confidence on his eyes answered the question that all of them had.

"We need to find the other pieces of Caitlyn."

The end