Chapter 18

Aaron P.O.V

Florance Italy

July 18,1308

Heat was always a plague. It came to make people tired and drench them in sweat. However on a day like today Daniel didn't much mind the hint. He wasn't working so he could actually take time to enjoy the weather rather than curse it. Daniel's shirt was soaked with his own swat and it dripped down his back but at least he wasn't doing heavy lifting or any other type of manual labor. Today was a good day a beautiful one

Everyone traipised up and down the streets going into small shops and markets and other various places of entertainment. Daniel had been walking most of the morning. He loved the secenry. The grape vineyards, the tall brick buildings. The church. The waterways that lead to Venice.

Daniel dug his hands into his pockets and sighed looking up at the sky wondering where Aaron was at. Just when he had concluded that Aaron was propbertly off on another one of his 'adventures' he felt a tap on his shoulder. He turned around quickly and nearly fainted when he saw her.

"Um...hi excuse me..." the beautiful girl with ocean blue eyes and black hair begun. "I, uh need help hanging this up."

She was holding up a poster advertising a new vendor as if there weren't enough places to eat already. Bars, dining halls and anything In between were built up all over the city. Besde her was another female with aurburn hair and pretty olive skin. No matter what she looked like, Daniel could sense she was an outsider, perhaps not even from Italy but he didn't seem to care. He wsa too mesmerized by the beautiful dark haired woman before him.

She was young and lively and her eyes were as deep as a thousand twilight skies. An eye colour he only saw on those who were like him. He didn't sense anything inhuman from her, though. All he saw was her nightshade hair indigo eyes, and creamy olive skin that pulled him in more than anything else ever could.

He realized she was already staring at him strangely and began to wonder why until he saw the poster still in her hands. He swallowed hard and grabbed it.

"Of course." He answered and then climbed onto the wooden ladder they had set up.

He was drawn to her. He wanted her. But he couldn't. she was a mortal and he was inmortal. That was highly illegal where he came from. But as he hung up the poster he realized how much his affection and desire overcame his will.

When he finished hanging up the poster he climbed down off the ladder sweat now beading on his forehead and soaking his hair. He smiled when he saw her face again.

"Thank you!" and she began to walk ahead her friend following her. He couldn't just let her leave he wouldn't.

"Wait!" Daniel exclaimed knowing he was making a huge mistake but considering that he might make an even bigger one if he didn't do this. He grabbed his arm firmly yet gently.

She gasped then looked back at him with wide eyes. It wasn't until her eyes came to a rest on his that she froze and slowly turned to face him as if under a spell.

"What...what is your name?" he asked her desperate to know so badly that the words hung from his lips.

Her eyes sparked as did his and in a few short soft words she stated. "It's Marrisa."

Now

Aaron shoved the Villa doors open so hard he thought they might fall off their hinges. When he got to the lobby he saw Verena standing there talking to Amar and looking confused. He assumed they were concerned about Daniel. Aaron hadn't wanted to come back here again especially because of the history between him and Lamia, but he had to come. The second he walked into the Villa, he had felt that something was off. .. almost a disturbance.

"I know what happened to Daniel " Aaron informed as he approached them.

"Aaron..." Verena said holding the bridge of her nose between her fingers as she turned to face them.

"Just listen. Remember the women Daniel was condemned for falling for ages ago? What if he found her again? What if he fell for her again?"

"Aaron" Vernea repeated a little louder this time. Amar looked at them with concern and almost worry on his face,

"Are you not listening? This could be serious! He could have had his wings taken this time....and that's what it sounded like when I heard that-"

"Aaron!" Vernea shouted balling her fists in frustration.her face was red. Vernea had always been one to lose her temper easily though she wasn't as sensitive and stubborn as Caitlyn was.

"What Vernea? What could be possibly more important than my brother being missing?" Aaron almost sobbed in desperation. He just wanted his brother back.

Vernea sighed.

"This is a matter of equal importance..." she began then sighed heavily, her shoulders stumped as if the weight of the world were upon them and she looked into his eyes guilty. "I know I was supposed to be protecting her...but Caitlyn has disappeared and I'm not sure where she went. I'm sorry Aaron..."

All Aaron could do was lose his balance, lean against the wall and look down in defeat as the world around him began spinning so fast that he couldn't keep up with it.