Chapter 17

Caitlyn P.O,V

There is nothing more terrifying than waking up from a long slumber only to see darkness before your eyes.

Perhaps if Aaron had been there with me or anyone for that matter I wouldn't have been that afraid at all. It could have been anyone. Vernea, Amar Daniel maybe even Lamia. It was loneliness that madeit even scarier. The isolation drove deep down into my core and made it's resting place there, too stubborn to vacate elsewhere.

I remembered being taken and I remembered by who. All I wanted was to shut my eyes again and forget. I would rather die than be in the situation I'm in now.

I was lying on the ground. I looked down at my body and small, pretty blubs and leaves were wrapped around me as if I was being prepared for some sort of other wordly funeral. I sat up instantly breaking free of the constraints the flowers put on me. I was tied down by something beautiful, I'm not sure if that's the most comparable to Aaron and I or Cass and I.

I lifted the remnants of the flowers and vines off me and when they hit the ground my eyes widened when they started smoking. Slowly the flowers and vines turned back and burned crumpling in one each other. I heard the hissing filling the silence,

When I looked up I saw terror and beauty.

Around me were trees without leaves giving the place a horrific, ominous vibe. But the sky was wonderful and it was as if hundreds of different galaxies had merged together to make a starry sky the colours of burnt orange, sienna, twilight and moondust. The colours were the best part. Everything around me seemed alive, yet dead at the same time.

The forest I was in was dead. However deep within the murky, eerie shrubs. I could see an orange light. My brow furrowed and I suddenly felt better knowing there could be someone else here with me.

"Hello" I called out into the dark forestry and as I walked ahead the trees seemed to be hands trying to bend down and grab me.

I walked for what seemed like hours within seconds. Finally I broke through into the small barren circle. I saw a fire. A lot of fire slowly rising up. There was a power within it that I couldn't touch, that I could only see with my eyes.

It was all fire until I got a glimpse of something through the flames. The yellow eyes were even brighter through the fire and they sent shivers up and down my spine. However there was another set of green and silver ones. When I realise who was sitting beside Cass I covered my mouth to hold in a scream and turned around to run back into the woods.

But before I could something grabbed my wrist,

I turned back around trying to lurch my hand away but he was too quick. It was as if Cass had launched himself through the fire without being burned all for the purpose of grabbing me before I could escape.

All I could do is look up into his sunburnt eyes with terror and listen to his words.

"Hello Caitlyn," he almost hissed. "And welcome to the beneath."