Hello, I'm Dani

****AUTHORS NOTE WILL BE IN ALL CAPS!!! FROM NOW ON I THINK ITS GONNA BE MOSTLY MASONS POV OKAY? I LIKE WRITING IN HER POV A LOT MORE. MAYBE EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE I WILL DO A DIFFERENT POV BUT IT WILL BE RARE SO JUST ASSUME ITS MASONS POV UNLESS I SAY OTHERWISE. IM TIRED OF SAYING MASONS POV AT EVERY CHAPTER SO YAH. BTW IM NOT MAD I JUST FELT LIKE TYPING IN ALL CAPS AND THERES PROBABLY A LOT OF SPELLING ERRORS WHOOPS.****

"Please fasten your seat belts. We will be arriving to the Tennessee airport shortly. Turn off all electronics. Do not just put them on airplane mode. Thank you."

I fasten my seat belt and look to James.

"So this is where we part ways, I guess."

He looks at me shocked that I talked to him.

"Uh yeah. I'm sorry about the whole Niall thing."

"Hey, it's alight. You didn't know."

"Okay cool. Well would it be okay if umm... if I gave you my number? You know in case you're ever in Arizona or I'm in Michigan or hell we're both in the UK or Ireland."

"Ha yah."

"Okay cool it's 162-528-6287 (not a real number, don't text or call that number Bc idk who's it is), what's yours?"

"Mines 616-627-6282 (again don't text or call this number idk who's it is), well let's write it down."

I write mine down on a napkin and he writes his down on a napkin also. We exchange the napkins.

-
-
-
-
-

I give James an awkward hug goodbye and leave. I walk straight up to the next gate I'm supposed to go to. I wait only five minutes before they call for the first class and second class.

I get up and patiently wait in line. Finally I hand her my ticket and she lets me through. Thank god. I can't deal with too much right now. I walk and find my seat. I am right by the emergency exit so I'll be the first to ditch this fucker if it goes down.

"Please fasten your seat belts as we prepare to take off." They go through all the usual stuff. 'Your seat floats' cool I'll steal it and save it for later. This is what I always used to do on flights. I would mock the flight attendant and laugh silently to myself.

After all my mockery is over and we've taken off, a woman who looks to be about 40-45 comes up to me.

"Is this seat taken? I'm stuck by that old guy who's a little handsy."

"Oh go right ahead."

"Thanks, you're a life saver."

It's not until a little while later I realize she's in the army. She has her army outfit on. I know I'm oblivious to stuff.

"Um how long were you... uh serving?"

"18 months. Well a year and a half."

"Oh, and how long do you get to stay?"

"Um, 3 days."

"I'm Mason by the way."

"I'm Captain Daniels. And no Daniels isn't my first name. My first name is Serena. I'm just used to saying Captain Daniels sorry."

"Oh it's alright. I give you a lot of credit. A woman in the army. That's amazing. Kicking all those men's asses. Showing the who's boss."

"Oh it's even better when they underestimate you and then you kick their ass."

Captain Daniels and I talk the rest of the plane ride. She's a pretty cool person. I don't bring up the Army much because I don't want to bring up bad memories. But we talk a lot. I end up telling her what happened. And she says that she was kidnapped when she was little on a family trip to Iran and a soldier saved her and that's what inspired her to become a part of the army.

People like Captain Daniels are a blessing to life.

"I've always wanted to become a singer." I say and I don't even know why.

"Oh really. Are you good? Well obviously. Would you mind singing a bit for me? I haven't heard music for a long time."

"Oh uh sure."

I clear my throat and start a song I wrote a long time ago. That I never got to sing but some friends of mine did.

I'm feeling down and I can't change I can't save myself.

I don't have my own superman. I don't have my own hero.

I have my own worthless self. I have my pathetic life. I grab the razor and push down on my wrist and pull across. Over and over, yeah.

The blood trips down with my tears. I hear a knock on the front door.

I open it and there I can see,

my own five heroes.

The smiles they show, the laughs they bring, the memories I now have.

They pick me up, smile at me, showing those award winning smiles. I suddenly realize.

I have hope for a better life. Mmm yeah. They are my hope, my own five heroes.

They put me down. See my wrist. I can't contain myself. They put their arms around me, and tell me just how beautiful I am.

The tears stream down, I have hope. There is a better tomorrow.

my own five heroes.
The smiles they show, the laughs they bring, the memories I now have.

They pick me up, smile at me, showing those award winning smiles.

I suddenly realize. I have hope for a better life. Mmm yeah.

They are my hope, my own five heroes.

Alone in my room, with my razors again, temptation creeping inside me.

I put them in the toilet and flush them down. Tears streaming down my face

I knooooow, I knooooow, I knoooooow, I am strong enough to survive this.

my own five heroes.
The smiles they show, the laughs they bring, the memories I now have.

They pick me up, smile at me, showing those award winning smiles. I suddenly realize.

I have hope for a better life. Mmm yeah. They are my hope, my heroes.

I send my signal to my heroes. They are there within seconds. Showering me with love. They told me,

We have hope in you.

I finish and I find people are clapping for me. I didn't realize I was singing loud enough for people to hear me.

"Oh my god that was beautiful Mason. You have real talent."

"Ha thanks."

A man walks up to me and says,

"Kid, you have real talent. Would you mind if I posted this on my YouTube channel?"

"Oh go ahead."

"What's your name?"

"I'm," this is my chance to change my life, "I'm Dani. "

"I'm Tyler. You should check out my YouTube channel. We could do videos together!!"

"I'd love that!"

I turn my attention back to Captain Daniels aka Serena.

"So, Dani?"

"Well I want to change my life. So why not change my name. I want a fresh start. Please don't be mad."

"I'm not mad I totally get it. I changed my name. It used to be Grounka."

"Oh my gosh!"

"I know it's bad. My parents named me after Ikea spoons!"

"Wait didn't that happen on Chuck?"

"Yes... It did. Ellie told Awesome she wanted to name their kid Grounka. She only said that to make him pick a name!"

"Haha oh yeah! So why'd your parents do it?"

"They actually liked the name.."

**** OKAY SORRY THAT WASNT VERY GOOD BUT IM LEADING IT UP TO SOMETHING BIG!! BTW IF YOU HAVENT WATCHED CHUCK YOU HAVENT LIVED OKAY? OKAY.****