4. Which Record Deal?

Start from the beginning

"You'll do fine. You can do this!" Kara gives me a pep talk. "Who can do this?"

"I can!" I say half-heartedly. I suppose this is going to help me, but I don't think it is.

"Who can do this?"

"I can!"

We continue the chant until the elevator doors open and we walk to the office room. I take a deep, calming breath before walking in with fake confidence.

"Steve!" Kara says to the man sitting in front of us.

"Kara! Is this the girl?" he asks, looking at me.

"The one that will blow your mind? Yes, yes she is," Kara says proudly. I blush at her compliment but shake Steve's hand firmly.

"You seem to be nervous," he says, noticing the sweat on my palms. "Don't worry. You will do fine."

"Thanks," I respond, smiling gratefully. He smiles back and leads us to a larger room with a long table. Five people sit at the table: 2 men, 2 women, and Jonah.

"Hello, I'm Veronica Pink," the lady closest to me introduces herself. "And you are Amber Thompson?"

"Yes, I am," I answer her, nodding my head slightly. My palms start to fill with sweat.

They go down the line introducing themselves.

"Abraham Sousa," the caramel-skinned man says.

"MaryAnn Perkins," the woman with a very kind smile says after him.

"Louis Einbern," the elderly man says. "Basically just a rip-off version of Einstein." We all laugh at his comment. He smiles at me as if to say that I should calm down. Do I look that worried?

"You already know me," Jonah says with a calm smile.

"She'll know you from magazines. Introduce yourself!" Veronica scolds Jonah.

"Actually, we were friends in high school," I jump in.

"Little more than friends," Jonah coughs while they all snicker quietly. I glare at him and he puts his arm up in surrender.

"Okay, shall we begin?" MaryAnn asks kindly.

"Yes, I will be performing an original song first, and we'll see how things go from there," I respond, plugging my phone into a speaker.

The song is COPYCAT by Billie Eilish. (at the top media)

Don't be cautious, don't be kind
You committed, I'm your crime
Push my button anytime
You got your finger on the trigger, but your trigger finger's mineSilver dollar, golden flame
Dirty water, poison rain
Perfect murder, take your aim
I don't belong to anyone, but everybody knows my nameBy the way, you've been uninvited
'Cause all you say are all the same things I didCopycat trying to cop my manner
Watch your back when you can't watch mine
Copycat trying to cop my glamour
Why so sad, bunny, you can't have mine?Call me calloused, call me cold
You're italic, I'm in bold
Call me cocky, watch your tone
You better love me, 'cause you're just a cloneBy the way, you've been uninvited
'Cause all you say are all the same things I didCopycat trying to cop my manner
Watch your back when you can't watch mine
Copycat trying to cop my glamor
Why so sad, bunny, you can't have mine?I would hate to see you go
Hate to be the one that told you so
You just crossed the line
You've run out of time
I'm so sorry, now you know
Sorry I'm the one that told you so
Sorry, sorry, I'm sorry, sorry
SikeBy the way, you've been uninvited
'Cause all you say are all the same things I didCopycat trying to cop my manner
Watch your back when you can't watch mine
Copycat trying to cop my glamour
Why so sad, bunny, you can't have mine?

I open my eyes and see their faces. They seem slightly impressed.

"I think we've heard enough," Veronica says without any emotion.

"You'll hear from us tomorrow, darling," Louis says with a smile.

"Thank you," I say gratefully and exit the room after grabbing my phone.

School is starting in 2 days, so you guys know the drill. Just weekly updates. It might be slower because I'm working on making these chapters A LOT longer. I don't want to have short chapters like I did for He's The Bad Boy? Got it? Good.

btw, this story will be looking A LOT more professional. I started writing He's The Bad Boy? when I was 11 and a year has passed and I know that it wasn't very aesthetically pleasing. This one will be.

Q. Will she get the record deal? Will Jonah vote in her favor or not?