THIRTEEN

| Unfold |

☆☆☆☆   

A yawn escaped Nova Greene's mouth for the fourth time that hour as she sat in the Ravenclaw Common Room with her legs lazily tucked underneath her thighs. Sleep had been beckoning her as her eyelids grew heavier and heavier, but the need to study was much more important. Although she felt like she was accomplishing nothing as her eyes skimmed the words on her potions textbook and soaked up nothing in return.

She took this as an invitation to take a break from studying and slowly stood up from her spot on the floor and reached her arms above her head into a stretch after being cramped for a while. Her bones popped as they freed themselves from their former state of confinement and made Nova feel much better.

Her eyes searched the dark common room and landed on a clock above the door. Rubbing her eyes in attempt to revitalize them, and squinting she came to the conclusion the time was two in the morning. She should have been more surprised at the time staring back at her, but lately this was an inviting hour for her to be awake. In wake of her search she also realized the common room was empty, except for herself. Nova closed the potions textbook and neatly placed her blanket, that occupied her shoulders moments ago, on the sofa before making her way to the exit.

As she walked through the empty halls, careful not to be caught by Prefects, Nova let a stressed out sigh and pushed a stand of hair that had fallen out of her braid behind her ear. She had been studying nonstop for the past few weeks after realizing O.W.L.s were approaching faster than she had noticed. After all the drama that had accompanied her life these past few months, she completely forgot about testing and buckled down to study.Nova knew she was an above average student in any subject, but these tests determine your future and she can't take that risk.

After zoning out on the walk to the kitchens, courtesy to the marauders for showing her this trick, Nova tickled the pear before sluggishly walking in. It was there that she was met with a familiar face and she perked up from her lethargic state from before.

She opened her mouth to speak but was beat to it by the person in front of her, "Well hello, gorgeous." Sirius Black called out with a joking tone.

Nova gave him a stern look before letting out a laugh at his antics.

"You're a sight for sore eyes." She plaid along before pulling out the chair across from him at the table that resided in the kitchen.

"Wish I could say the same." 

"I always look good." She demanded.

Silence enveloped both of them.

Once again her mind wandered back to her textbooks that resided the common room and her shoulders slumped down in defeat. She heard the sound of Sirius' voice yet made no attempt to listen because her mind clouded with anxiety.

"Earth to Nova?"

"Sorry I just got a bit distracted." She sent him a small smile and rubbed her eyes.

She scanned table and came across a tea pot that still radiated warmth as her hands fell close to it and the cookies next to a small bowl of sugar cubes caught her attention. A small smile worked its way upon her mouth as she realized Sirius and her think a lot alike as her intention was to also enjoy a warm cup of tea before bed. Without noticing his action, Sirius had slid a small, delicate tea cup with an intricate floral pattern, in front of her. The light brown liquid steamed up and the smell filled her nose as she exhaled in contentment.

"Chamomile?" Nova questioned as Sirius nodded in response.

The two sat in a comfortable silence as Nova placed three sugar cubes into her small cup and mixed with the spoon Sirius offered her. She heard him speak once more and mentally scolded herself for being rude and ignoring him once more.