The Novel's Extra

Title: Novel Extra

Author: Jee Gab Song (지갑송)

Alternate name: 소설 속 엑스트라

Could be in found WuxiaWorld, Novelupdate, and other sites if you search in google.

Link: https://wuxiaworld.site/novel/the-novels-extra/

Genre: [Action] [Drama] [School Life] [Weak to Strong] [Transmigration] [Magical abilities] [Romance] [Character development] [Misunderstanding] - [Maybe a Harem!]

=

Summary

- Waking up, Kim Hajin finds himself in a familiar world but an unfamiliar body.

A world he created himself and a story he wrote, yet never finished.

He had become his novel's extra, a filler character with no importance to the story.

The only clue to escaping is to stay close to the main storyline.

However, he soon finds out the world isn't exactly identical to his creation.

=

My Review:  Okay, I keep this brief, despite the bittersweet ending, this is a good Korean novel. One that you may like.

Here's what other people review to this since the author is too lazy to write a better review despite liking it: 

FudgeNouget from Novelupdate user: Many people have already written great reviews about this novel, but I thought I'd chime in.

First, this is undoubtedly my favorite novel, and I was immediately hooked when I first read it. It gave me an urge to translate it; the only other time I got this feeling is when I read This Tutorial is Too Hard.

While this novel has typical Korean novel elements like the status system, it distinguishes itself from many with its characters. Girls don't instantly fall in love with the MC because they were saved, nor do they act like unrealistic holy maidens. They aren't flawless. In fact, each character has clear flaws that are often non-existent in other novels, which clearly depict girls as trophies to be won and male characters to either befriend or foe. The main cast of this novel feels real like they're real people with real worries and real personalities. Characters self-reflect on their mistakes and change. The MC also has apprehensions and worries. How character relationships progress is quite a wonder to read.

Of course, the novel isn't without flaws. Although the MC has a somewhat OP ability, he is also limited in other areas. He does have somewhat of a plot armor (which to be fair, all MCs do to a certain extent). However, the MC's plot armor isn't so glaringly deus-ex-machina, and it is sometimes done so in a humorous way (that makes sense).

The novel also doesn't explain too in-depth how something works. For example, (a bit of a spoiler, but it happens in the first couple chapters anyways), we are told that bows are better than guns, but not given an in-depth explanation of why. These things are often slowly revealed over time, so readers will have to just take it as a matter of fact until a satisfactory explanation comes around.But despite its flaws, this novel is masterfully executed in its intention - character development. And as the novel goes on, you will see the plot "thicken" as well.

Overall, it is a refreshing take on a transmigration genre, one that is quite unique in its execution and storytelling. You will not regret reading it!