3. Cute Girls Passing By. Cute Girls Stopping Here.

Start from the beginning

"Huh? Daniel what are you doing?" He asks, rubbing his eyes.

"I brought a visitor," Daniel says, gesturing to me.

"Hey, Jacob Saggytits," I say, giving him a hug.

"AMBER?!" Zach shouts happily. "JACK, AMBER'S HERE!"

"WHICH AMBER?" Jack shouts back.

"FROM HIGH SCHOOL!" Zach yells back.

"MY FAVORITE ONE!" Jack shouts, emerging from behind Zach and tackling me with a hug.

"It's good to see you too, Jackie Chan!" I exclaim, gladly hugging him back. Who would think they'd be so happy to see me? I thought I was the only one who actually missed them.

"Come in!" Jack says, ushering me in.

"Okay, but wear pants," I say to them, gesturing to the fact that they're just wearing boxers.

"That makes sense," they say, running to separate rooms.

"Nothing has really changed, has it?" I ask Daniel.

"I guess not," he says, shrugging.

"What's up?" Zach asks since he comes first.

"I'm living in this building with you guys!" I say excitedly. "I'm living with my friend. Kara Darnell."

"Oooh, she's cute," Zach says before Jack punches him in the arm.

"Well, we have to go meet Corbyn and Christina," Daniel says. "So, get each other's numbers and let's go." They happily entered their numbers and waved us off.

"They're oddly cheerful," I say curiously as we go back into the elevator.

"I may or may not have told them yesterday that we have to keep it brief. They probably let out their excitement in a very quick burst so it seemed like a lot," Daniel replies sheepishly.

"Oh." I understand little to nothing of what he said.

We go up to level 8 and Corbyn and Christina walk out of a room, clearly not expecting us.

"Hey, guys!" I say.

"Amber!" Corbyn says. "It's been so long!"

Christina merely engulfs me in a hug.

"I missed you guys, too," I say with a chuckle. "Especially that you guys are married now! This is the only OTP I know that got married."

"Yeah, he's stuck with me for life," Christina says, pecking Corbyn on the lips.

"And she's stuck with me," Corbyn retorts.

"I'm fine with that," Christina giggles.

"God! The mush!" I yell, fake gagging. "This is why I'm single. I can't handle this."

"Aww, it's not all bad," Daniel says, reasoning with me.

"Easy for you to say," I retort.

"We actually have to go," Christina says. "I'm sorry."

"I'LL BE EXPECTING BABY CORBYNS AND BABY CHRISTINAS SOON!" I yell after them.

They chuckle and keep walking. I wonder what life would be like if I stayed friends with these guys. It probably would've been happier. I probably wouldn't have gone through most of my adult life feeling like shit.

"Wanna meet Jonah?" Daniel asks tentatively.

"No, I'll save that for another day," I respond.

"Wanna hang out?" Daniel asks.

"I'm a little tired," I respond. "I don't think so."

"Okay, well you know where I live," Daniel says with a chuckle.

"I do."

I go back up to Kara's penthouse. I peer through the window until I see Daniel walk out of the building. I wasn't really tired; I just didn't want to hang out with him. I guess it's cause I feel really bad about it. I mean, all my high school friends are successes and I'm just this kid with a dream. Except this kid is too far in her adult life for it to be fun anymore.

"What's up, Si?" I ask as I sit down next to him like in the morning.

"You couldn't resist my charm so you dumped your friends?" He asks with a chuckle.

"You wish," I say, punching his arm.

We sit there and chat for a while.

"Hey, Si," Jonah greets Simon. "Amber?"

"Yeah. I'm just chillin with Si,"I say to Jonah.

"OHMYGOD! HI, AMBER!" Lavender shrieks as I wince. I'm not the only one to do so, and I notice Simon cringing back. "Hey, doorman."

"His name is Simon," I say to Lavender. Simon grips my hand as if to hold me back. I decide to take his warning and I stand down.

"Okay?" Lavender replies. "We have to catch up though!" Jonah watches the exchange uneasily.

"Sure, I guess," I respond.

"Let's go now!" She squeals.

"I'm hanging out with Si, maybe later," I reply, squeezing Si's hand reassuringly. I notice Jonah glaring at our hands.

"Okay," she says. "Let's go, JoJo Bear!"

Jonah trails after her.

Thank you guys for so many votes already! I love you all!!! As always, vote and comment!

Q. What do you think of Amber and Simon's relationship?