"It's in my pocket!" I called back, my head under the kitchen counter as I tried to fix the leaking faucet. I was on my back, and I pulled my wallet out and laid it on my stomach.

I heard her footsteps as she ran into the kitchen, sliding in on her sock feet. I glanced up at her and smiled. She was just so damn cute.

"Here," I said, pointing toward it with the wrench in my hand.

She bent down and grabbed it, giving me a swift peck on the cheek. "You look hot with that wrench," she called over her shoulder.

"Thanks," I scoffed, tightening the pipe one last time.

I heard her interact with the pizza man and shut the door, padding back into the kitchen.

"Three pizzas—Jesus, Miles," she laughed as I stood up and brushed off the seat of my khaki shorts.

"What, you don't think that's enough?" I asked.

She scoffed. "Right."

"When are Luke and Brooke getting here?" I asked, stepping toward her.

"I told them to be here by 6. Which in Brookeworld will be 6:30 at the earliest," she said.

I took another step toward her, put a hand on her hip and pulled her flush against me. "Good," I breathed, leaning down and pressing my lips to that spot on her neck I know drives her wild.

Her body responded to my lips as she wrapped her arms around my neck, moaning softly.

Sweeping her up, I sat her on the counter and placed myself between her open knees.

Moving my lips from her neck down to her collarbone, she stretched her neck back, her chest moving closer to mine. I ran my hands down her sides until my fingers reached the hem of her tank top.

She inhaled sharply and raised her arms over her head, making it easy to pull it off.

She was wearing a pink lacy bralette, and I felt my shorts get a little tighter at the sight of the lace pressing against the fullest part of her breasts.

"God," I whispered. "You're so beautiful."

She smiled and unbuttoned my shirt—a delicious slow burn.

When she got to the last button, she pushed it off my shoulders and her eyes ran over my chest and abs. I was suddenly thankful for all those years on the baseball team—and not for all the scholarships I might get.

"Miles," she whispered.

"Mmmm?" I was too busy kissing her collarbone again to speak.

"Look at me."

I did, my eyes locked on hers, which were a dark and stormy blue.

"You..." she started, but her mouth closed like she couldn't say the next words on the tip of her tongue.

"What is it, baby?" I asked, running my hand through her hair.

"You make me so happy," she whispered. "I can't believe I'm here, with you, like this..."

"Me either, Rachel. I love—" Shit. "ahem... being here with you," I finished, hoping that I had covered well enough.

"Did you—"

An annoying ringing sounded from the front door. 

Shit. Luke and Brooke.

"Oh hell," she said, jumping off the counter and grabbing her tank top off the ground, pulling it over her head.

I stooped down and picked up my shirt, slipping my arms into it and buttoning it as we made our way to the door. I looked down and made sure I wasn't about to embarrass the total hell out of both myself and Rachel, and flung open the door.

"Hey!" Brooke said, dragging Luke across the threshold. "Jesus, Jefferson, you didn't tell us you lived in the rich part of PCB," she said, dropping her bag on the couch.

"It never came up," I said, and Rachel looked at me and giggled.

"What's funny?" Brooke asked.

"Oh—nothing," Rachel said, stifling another giggle.

Luke was just standing there gazing around the house.

"Hey man," I said, extending my hand.

"Hey," he responded, giving my hand a firm shake.

"Thanks for coming," I said to them, but more to Luke.

"Dude, thanks for inviting me."

"Okay, I hate to break up this bromance, but where's the pizza?" Brooke asked as we went into the kitchen. "By the way, Miles," she called over her shoulder, "your shirt is misbuttoned." 

Brooke

Okay, Miles' dad is rich as fuck.

This house is ridiculous! I mean, I knew he owned some condos, but this is just on another level. Why had Rachel never mentioned this? 

"Hey, Miles, can we swim now?" I asked as I finished my last slice of pizza.

"Yeah, sure," he said. "Luke, you can use this bathroom," he pointed to the left, "and Brooke, you can use the one over here," he said as he pointed to the right.

"You have two bathrooms downstairs?" I asked.

He laughed. "Yeah...I know, it's dumb."

"Shit," I said. "It's awesome!"

I picked up my bag and handed Luke his swim trunks, which were solid black.

Closing the bathroom door, I changed into my bathing suit.

This time, I brought my purple one-piece, abandoning the string bikini. I pulled my long hair into a bun on the top of my head and checked my reflection. My porcelain skin was soft and blemish free, my cleavage ample even in the one-piece. Damn, I look good, I admitted to myself as I re-entered the kitchen.

Luke was standing there alone. His jaw dropped when he saw me, and I felt my cheeks redden.

"You look amazing," he said, crossing the kitchen in two steps and pulling me to him.

I smiled. "Thanks, Luke...you're not so bad yourself," I said, running my fingernail down the center of his bare chest.

He leaned in, and just as our lips met, Rachel came into the kitchen, whistling.

"Damn, y'all, get a room," she teased, throwing a giant white towel over her shoulder.

I scoffed. "Oh, wow, you're one to talk."

She opened her mouth to respond, then closed it again.

"Exactly," I said, bumping her hip with mine.

Miles came into the kitchen just then and clapped his hands together. "Let's do this," he said, draping his arm over Rachel and Luke's shoulders, and I did the same.

I looked down the line at the three other people in the kitchen—this new friend group was strange, but I had to admit it felt right.