thirteen. lullaby

"i want ari! gimme my ari! i want my ari now!", daniel whined like child as he crossed both of his arms on his chest.

"yah, she's our ari, learn how to share kang.", sungwoon calmly stated while hitting the back of daniel's head playfully.

daniel pouted and looked towards the door of their sleepover purposes room as he waited for ari's return from...

...the kitchen. she was getting food with guanlin and minhyun.

"i want ari too! where is she?", seongwoo wailed. he too was being impatient.

jisung wanted to facepalm at his brothers behavior. as much as he wanted to say the same, he wasn't that desperate as them. maybe it's because he was old enough to understand.

or because he was just used to be the mature one for the sake of his brothers.

"guys she's taking our food so why don't you guys be patient?", he suggested while giving them the motherly look.

oh did i tell you he also had to be the motherly figure for them?

with the queen being unavailable almost every day, he had to be the mother figure to all of his ten brothers. he would cook for them even if they had maids , help them in any way, he would always be there to give an ear to listen and a shoulder to cry on.

daehwi pouted, "okay..."

--

"yeoreojwo~ yeoreojwo~ ", a sweet voice sang behind the door.

woojin being the fastest, sped to the door and opened it. ari was holding a tray of french fries and minhyun had a tray of grilled cheese sandwiches. guanlin on the hand was holding their drinks which they ordered from Starbucks.

no wonder it took them almost an hour.

"whose hungry?", the girl asked kindly.

"me! me! ", jihoon raised his hand while talking in a high pitched voice.

so much for being manly in front of his mate.

it was about eleven, few minutes til midnight yet neither of them felt sleepy or even tired. instead, they felt energetic as hell.

"this is so good, i could eat a whole box of these!", daniel stuffed his mouth rapidly.

ari shook her head and took a handkerchief out of her pocket. she crouched in front of daniel, who was sitting on the carpeted floor eating. he stopped chewing and looked at her confusingly.

"wae?", his thick busan accent sounded, mouth full of sandwiches.

for once, the cute side of kang daniel was shown. him being one of those hottest princes and often shows his sexy charismatic side, it's quite seldom to witness the childish adorable daniel.

ari leaned in, making daniel frozen in his spot. his mind instantly went blank. all he could think of was her soft sweet lips, which curved into a smirk.

in one swift move, she wiped the side of his lips with a handkerchief.

"eat slowly niel-ah.", she whispered loud enough for him to hear before winking.

--

when it was finally time for them to sleep, they all sunk in their sleeping bags or cover themselves with a comforter.

the sleepover purposes room actually consists mini rooms for every princes following their own tastes but tonight they decided to gather around and sleep together at the middle of the room.

ari whom can't sleep due to coldness although with a thick comforter. her feet were cold as ice and she shivered unconsciously. she decided to seek comfort from one of her mates.

scanning around the room to look for a awake vampire. she found minhyun who was reading a poetry book at end of the boys are sleeping, wrapped in his baby blue comforter only displaying his face and both of his hands holding his book.

she quietly crawled towards him and this caught his attention.

"why are you still awake hun?", his gentle voice asked her while putting his book aside.

"i can't sleep.", she whispered.

he patted a spot next to him inside his comforter which she immediately sat and minhyun wrapped the comforter around them. they rested their backs on the wall and stretched both of their legs to get more comfortable.

she leaned on his shoulder and played with her fingers. minhyun looked at her lovingly and started to sing softly.

the song calmed her down somehow and slowly she felt her eyelids getting heavier and sleepiness consumed her. soon, she fell into a slumber on his shoulder.

minhyun shook his head as he found this very adorable. wrapping one of his arms around her waist and rested his head on hers before kissing it delicately.

--

"my, my, would you look at this?", seonho announced to the rest of the performance unit making their attention towards the coughing girl.

"what?", her voice cracked making her sound like a grandma.

"child! your beautiful voice! what happened to you?!", minki went mother mode and cupped her hot cheeks.

"i'm fine minki."

"not in this condition. you're heating up shortcake.", donghyun stated when he felt her forehead.

"let's bring her home and take care of her.", jonghyun suggested and before any of them could reply,

suddenly both woojin and jihoon appeared on both of her sides.

grabbing her arms while saying, "yeah, we'll take care of her. thanks."

and poofed away. along with ari.

"geez, those two almost gave me a heart attack!"