Voices

Rin decided later to go for a walk, maybe he'd be able to clear his head again. He had a lot to think about.

Like how he had just attempted suicide for the first time not even 20 minutes ago.

He took Yukio's gun.
He really was a demon.
Stealing from his own brother.

He had been walking for a couple hours now, exorcist classes were definitely over now for the day.

(Rin's P.O.V)

What's wrong with me?
I can't to anything right. I can't even kill myself right.
Why did I hesitate? I should've just killed myself, no one would care if I died, they'd be happy. Everyone would throw celebrations when they hear about my death. Everybody hates me...

"You're right, everybody hates you." I heard.

Who said that? I looked around, no one's there. I really must be insane, I'm hearing voices in my head. But the voice isn't wrong.

"Everybody here wants you dead."

Right again random voice in my head.

"Nobody here loves you. Nobody cares about you. Not Bon, not Shiemi, not Shima. Not even Yukio, your own brother!"

...I'm starting to hate this voice.

"Shut up..."

"It's true. They all want you dead. The Vatican wants to execute you in the next couple of months. Your so called 'friends' would throw parties to celebrate your death."

"Shut up."

"They despise you. You're a demon. You'll always be a demon. All they'll ever see you as is a demon!" The voice taunted me.

"I SAID SHUT UP!!" I screamed and punched the closest tree hard with my fist.

I breathed heavily. It was silent once again. My knuckles were now scraped and bleeding a bit, they quickly healed after a couple of seconds.
Everything that voice said was true, I know; but I didn't want to hear it. It was even more unbearable coming from someone else. Even if it was just a stupid voice in my head. The voice was deep, husky, and extremely dark and creepy sounding.

"Hahahahaha." It chuckled.

"Who the fuck are you?!" I breathed heavily.

"I'm someone who's a lot closer to you than you think."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Yes, I realize that I'm talking to myself right now.

"You know, young prince, you don't have to take any of this, right?"

What's it talking about?

"Out there, is a family who loves you and is waiting for you to come home. All you need to do is accept who you are. Who you were meant to be."

"What the hell are you going on about?"

"There are people who love and respect you for the king you are meant to be. All you need to do is give in! And don't put up a fight! Your future awaits my prince. When the time comes, let the darkness consume you."