City of Diam

Seeing in front of me I see a shape of a man facing me he's saying to walk away; away from him because he doesn't know what he's capable of doing. Maybe he's saying to go away from him because she is not get to know the real him.

I know this because I never back away from him because I wasn't afraid of him and in my profound self I knew he was good. Not long enough seen I realize this I was fighting the same fight as you. Yes you, I mean you because you are trying to fall in love aren't you?

Well I am too, and my other half of me is fighting to death before falling for me. Is not that sad, really it isn't; is more of a challenge for me because I am what you call on earth a devious creature who only want destruction on everything it touch.

Maybe I am doing this not because I want to prove you wrong, is because I really want. I always wanted him before the beginning when I was growing to be what I am. I knew that it was not going to be easy but I am not going to give up.

My name is Avani and I am what you and your world calls me a mermaid of amount other names. They believe in demons that are upon us and we deceived the man to their ruin and death. I am very curious being and for the past 7 years I have been looking for the reason of why do you hate us.

But as long as I been searching I found out that I am now falling for the one who I most certain have to hate. My family will vanish me from our city if they found out what I been doing. My people also hate them for all the killing they have been doing to my past generation. You see, we call ourselves Diam and we been down before men were lurking our oceans.

I have two sisters younger than me; one is call Devasree that means divine beauty she is so beautiful than any other of us. Ree as I call her love to play games and love the center of attraction. On the other hand, we have Kanti she is the most simple and loveable being I know; like her name meaning lovely and light she guide me on my darkest paths.

As for me, I am earth as my name I know everything that lives on my planet and maybe I am not the most prettiest of all. But sure I am the one to know history and different subjects of my people. I have to know everything is in my blood because my father is a historian of the people and he knows everything since the beginning and the end.

The people call him Shrishti that means universe. He knows a lot because you see, we Diam people we lived for a lot of time. Like my father he was five hundred years old but he doesn't look that old. Imagine me I am 109 years old and I look like a woman of twenties from your world. My sisters have from 80 to 50 years old.

Since I am the older one I am suppose to be the one who substitute my father. Am really good learning stuff but I wish I could do something else besides knowing everything. Meanwhile as I said previously I am a little curious and I know things about your world too. That's something forbidden for the Diam people but for me is not. I think there's something more about them; is like I know everything from the ocean but I don't know the least part of them. It drives me insane on what they could do up there.

Since the waters were quiet we swim from thousands of years making this place like home. We are working species that help the ocean run itself. Yes the oceans do work by it, but it needs our help moving, breathing and simply living it greatest self. Before I explain how that's it work first I must tell how was my first time to see a men.

It must be frustrating every time I found that my father us away. He doesn't talk a lot and when he does you better listen. He's gone because he needs time to think about Pasi Waktu, which means sand time. This is a paradox that has been over centuries but now is the time to go back up. I have always wanted to go to the surface but I never been able. Because of my learning skills that would not let do so. You see I have the gift to learn lot of things and memorize them forever, just as my father does.

But the catch is that I only can learn things that are writing. To stick them together I must read it and will be on my mind forever. So I don't have the time to go up as I like plus is forbidden. I have heard tales of men kind but I haven't met one before. On the historical Buku-buku there's so little information about it and when I ask to my father he avoid my questions. Knowledge is my bound to this world that also would let me go.

"Avani!" yelled my Kawan from a distance about fifty feet.

"Alak come here." I said in a low tone for him to low his voice. Alak has been with me since I remember always taking care of my back. He is my kawan that means companion he is united with me by marked. When we come to this world we have a mark on our chest that matches another one of our people.

"Ok if we are going to do this we better leave now before your father knows your lack of absent." He said getting closed to me with a bright face as he enjoys this. Well he loves challenge so he's crazy to see how this turn out.

*later I will keep writing more so tell me what do you think. Thanks!