chapter 8

It is Friday and im in my second class.Finally I will get my phone today.This phone I'm using right now its just an excuse of a phone.I dont even have access to the internet.Only got 1 number and that Jay's.Who has stopped talking to me since our argument last Tuesday.

Jay comes and speak to Connie and literally unsee me.I don't know for how long he will continue acting like this.This is really affecting me.I just need to talk to him.I am really down today is the day I lost my father 7 years ago.I just need his comfort even though he doesn't know about it but his presents helps.All this years this day was a bit better cause he will always be around.

But

My pride is just on the highest level right now,I will not talk to him.He can't always have his ways with me.I have to always listen and care about his feelings yet he turns me down every opportunity he gets.

"Miss Louis,I asked you a question and you are ignoring me,"My teacher said making me lose my train of thoughts.

"Sorry but I was a bit distracted,may you please repeat your question,"I said.

"Of course I will repeat it in detention,"she said with the biggest fake smile I have ever seen.

Like seriously detention,I have to be with my mother,I have to visit my father's grave.I can't really have detention.I can't and this woman will have to understand. I will speak to her after this .

Just like that the bell rang ,I waited for everyone to leave."Are you okay?"That question is coming from the gossiper Luke.

"Yes,I am fine Luke,may you please leave ,I have to talk to her."

"Okay,"and he left.

Should I go with the truth or lie,I debated with myself.As it is said 'Truth will set you free'so the truth it is.

"Uhm mam,Can you please give me another day for detention,today I am too busy,I have to visit my father's grave and have to be with my mother. Any other day please,"I pleaded with her.

Her eyes shows everything that I don't  like.She is feeling sorry for me.This is the reason why I don't tell people about this.

"Of course Cassidy,its fine you don't even have to go for detention,I was just upset that your focus wasnt in class now I know why,everything is going to be fine,"She said the exact words that people told me on his funeral.Why do people say that ,'everything is going to be fine'.Nothing is fine when you witness your dad die in front of you while  holding your hand.

"Everything is going to be fine was meant to be used when you lose a pen,when your money is missing,when you get robed,when you get dumped,when you get divorced not when somebody close dies.Everything changes,things are not fine so please mam spare me with that 'everything is going to be fine' thing,"I told her .Im really trying hard not to cry.

"I am sorry,I just didnt know what to say,that was the first thing that popped in my mind.I am really sorry if I have offended you but if you don't mind me asking ,How did your father die?"I didn't find her as the inquisitive type but hey,my assumptions were wrong she is very inquisitive.

"Yes mam,I do mind you asking me that question............"

"WHAAAATTTTTTTTTTTTT?"Somebody by the door screamed and that person screaming is  no other then Jay himself.So this is how Jay finds out about my father's death.I didnt expect it."Cassidy,what does she mean by saying your father is dead,I thought you said your father was very far working  hard to find money  to provide your needs   and to protect his family?"He said still shocked.

"Oh,you talking to me now,"I tried changing  the topic.

"Cassy,how did he die?"he asked.

"You children can stay and talk,I am going to be with the other teachers,"with that she left but i know she will be eavesdropping.

"Cas,Will you answer me!"he demanded.

"My father is working but not in this life,he is working in the beyond life,"I told him.That same face appeared.

"Why didnt you to tell me,I thought we were best friends,"He hesitated to ask,he looks so sad but mostly pitting me.

"Because of what you doing right now,i didnt want you to be seeing me as that girl that lost her father and everybody should feel sorry for her now,No i don't want that. Look at you,you are doing it,"Those tears i was holding are now falling .

"But you were suppse to tell me,a best friend is a person that sticks to you in bad and in the good times,a best friend have to be accepted by their real actions.If not then that friendship is not true. Cas,it is not my fault that I am too emotional when it comes to news like this but that doesnt give you the rights to hide such news to me,"He said.Jay's face is readable and I can see how hurt he is by this.

"I am really sorry that you had to find out about this like this,"I apologised.

"When did he die?"he asked.

"He died 12/03/2011,"I told him. I remember my father's death day like it was yesterday and everything  before that is just blank. My life only began a week after my father's death.Everything before the 12th of March2011 is useless to me.

Jay is looking  at me but you can clearly see that his mind is not here."Jay,"I snapped my fingers in front of him to get him back to reality.

"Oh,Thats why that ....."Jay started and stopped when he noticed he was saying things not for me to hear but this guy has already made my curiosity jump out  of her comfort zone.

"Thats why ,what?"I asked him.

He sighed"nothing,dont worry about that,I got to go to class I am late and so are you"he said walking out.

"JAY,"I screamed  after him but he did what I did to him this morning.He ignored me.

What did he want to say?,what does he know that I don't know?,What is Jay hiding?I need to find out.