Fourteen - Storming the Supremacy

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, just fine..." Luke says, firing his laser cannons. A TIE fighter in front of him explodes.

"Finally got one." He whispers.

"You say something?" Poe asks.

"Nope."

A cluster of TIEs in an arrow formation meet the charge of the X-wings. Poe and Skywalker are forced apart as the TIEs splits the X-wing formation in two. The TIEs swarm in, several latching onto Luke's tail. A dozen TIEs keep Poe and the other X-wing pilots occupied, keeping them from helping. Luke, left on his own, frantically spins his X-wing around. He narrowly avoids getting shredded by laserfire.

"That was a close one." He remarks.

R2 beep in confirmation.

"Let's see if we can turn this around..."

Luke pulls up, trying to get the TIEs to race past him. The TIE fighter pilots are smarter than this, and pull up themselves, and Luke earns a blast across the underbelly for it.

"That used to be a good trick..."

The TIEs continue to fire after him. R2 beeps frantically, as the damage to Luke's fighter begins to stack up.

"I'm doing the best I can R2...let's try this."

Luke guns the engine of his X-wing, and races forward. The TIEs struggle to keep up, but lag behind a bit. With some distance, Luke twists the throttle on his X-wing, and turns. His momentum continues in one direction, but his X-wing spins to face the other. Luke closes his eyes, and fires, mid-spine. He sprays a series of laser-bolts at the fighters, and each one finds their mark. A series of explosions mark each of the TIEs being destroyed. The remains of the fighters, fall down towards Crait, to burn up in the atmosphere.

"Think I'm getting back in the swing of this." Luke says, proudly.

He spins back around, just in time to nearly collide with a TIE fighter. The top of his X-wing scrapes, the TIE fighter wing shatters. Luke's X-wing shutters, and the TIE fighter spins from the impact and crashes into another TIE.

"I...meant to do that." Luke says.

R2-D2 beeps back, unconvinced.

***

Poe blows up a TIE fighter on the tail of another X-wing.

"Thanks Poe!" The pilot says over the comm.

"Don't mention it, just try not to get yourself tailed next time."

Poe flips his X-wing back around, to face an approaching pair of TIEs. He fires at them, but they split, dodging the laser-bolts. They travel in opposite directions, then pull back around, to catch Poe in a scissor-maneuver. Poe takes the first one down, but the second has a clear angle of fire on Poe. Its blown to smithereens before it gets a chance.

"Got your back, Poe!" Finn declares over the comm, from one of the Millennium Falcon's turret seats.

"Thanks guys!"

"Don't mention it." Rey replies, from the pilot's chair. Chewbacca sits beside her, throwing switches and dials.

"Alright pilots!" Poe says over the comm. "We let them break us up long enough, let's regroup! We got a mission to finish!"

"Roger that!" Is the repeated response.

***

Luke struggles to shake a pair of TIE fighters on his tail. He tries repeating his spinning maneuver, but the TIEs evade each time.