Thirteen - Reunions and First Meetings

Start from the beginning

"They haven't sent anything else down to the planet, so I seems like they're waiting for us to come to them." Poe explains. "Which is good for us, since most of our engines still need a few minutes to recover. They'll be ready, though. They've got their ships encircling the planet. As soon as we break orbit, they'll be on top of us. The biggest problem we're facing is their capital ship, the Supremacy."

Poe indicates the projection of the massive ship, dwarfing all the others.

"Only one or two ships in our entire fleet could survive more than one hit from its its devastator cannons. To make matters worse, they've got it front and center, so we can't use blocking vectors like last time. The only upside is that, the cannons can't use rapid-fire. They seem to need to cool down frequently."

"So what's the plan, then?" Leia asks.

"Our best bet will probably to try and slip past the fleet, and hyper-jump out."

"Couldn't we just jump out as soon as we get up there?" Luke asks.

"Doubtful." Ackbar says. "Knowing Thrawn, he'll have those ships choke us in the moment we leave the atmosphere and some of them are bound to be Interdictors with gravity wells. Likely hyper-jumps will be too dangerous until we get past them."

"Unless you fancy flying into one of their ships at lightspeed." Poe adds.

"What else can we do?" Leia asks. "Seems like they'll just keep us blocked in and pick us off with those cannons."

"What if we took the cannons out of the picture?" Finn pipes in.

"Is that possible?" Ackbar asks.

"I think so." Finn says. "I never worked on the Supremacy before, but dreadnoughts use the same kind of cannons. Deep in the ship, near the engines, there was a power core specifically for the cannons. A few explosives would probably be enough to take it out, if we could get inside. But It'll be a hell of a time getting there..." Finn's voice trails off as he notices Rey and Luke staring at him.

"Oh right."

"We'll get you to that core." Luke says.

"Luke..." Leia says, worriedly.

"What?" He asks.

"That's Snoke's ship...Ben will be there too."

Luke narrows his eyes at the projection of the ship.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to let him kill me." He glances at Rey. "Besides, I won't be alone."

Rey's face hardens and she nods.

"I'll come too." A voice says.

They all turn to see Lorn standing in the doorway.

"That ship is basically a flying city." She explains. "You'll need all the help you can get."

"I wouldn't think a merc would be willing to go that far for us." Leia raises an eyebrow at her.

Lorn shrugs. "You pay well."

Rey stares at her, curiously. Luke also squints at Lorn.

"Have we met? Something about you seems really familiar..."

Lorn pauses before responding.

"...I think I'd remember meeting Luke Skywalker."

With that she turns around and walks back out the door.

"What's with her?" Luke asks.

"I don't know..." Rey says, distantly.

"So!" Poe says clapping his hands together. "You guys sneak in the Supremacy, and knock out those cannons, while we do our best to stay alive. Then, we all get past the fleet and jump out. Anything we're missing?"