Eleven - The Battle of Crait

Start from the beginning

Lorn remains silent for what seems like forever.

"...no. S-sorry." Lorn stutters.

She turns and practically runs in the opposite direction.

"That was weird..." Poe states.

"She kinda scares me." Finn admits.

Rey stares after Lorn.

"Something the matter?" Poe asks.

Rey shakes her head. "Its...nothing. Just my imagination. Sorry."

***

Ahch-to

Luke stares at the twin setting suns of Ahch-to. R2-D2 sits next to him. For a time, the only sound is the distant waves of the sea against the island shoreline.

Then R2 beeps out an accusative statement.

"What?" Luke blinks, looking at the droid. "No I can't. even if I wanted to they're already gone. I'm just...stuck on this island."

R2 beeps something else.

"That...no. Its staying there. Its like me. No one needs either of us anymore."

R2 beeps again, but Luke refuses to engage the droid further.

For a moment, R2 is silent at well.

Then it projects a flickering holographic image of Princess Leia from decades ago. Luke's eyes widen at the sight, hardness of his features breifly melting away.

"...help my Obi-wan Kenobi, you're my only hope."

Luke stares at the hologram for a long time before finally turning back to the droid.

"...that's not fair."

R2 beeps in reply. Luke hesitates, but finds his eyes again drawn to the hologram, blue glow reflected in his eyes.

Then he stands and starts walking. R2-D2 follows after him. Luke walks all the way to the other side of the island, to the cliff he once took Rey to. Down below, just under the water, sits Luke's X-wing. He stares at it. R2 rolls up and beeps a question. Luke doesn't reply. Then, he looks down at the X-wing. Slowly, Luke extends his hand out, and closes his eyes. An image of Kylo Ren appears. Luke winces. A red blade swinging at him. Students being killed by the Knights of Ren. Luke under a mass of rubble, unable to stop any of it.

Luke stumbles back gasping. He leans on the side of a rock, struggling to steady his breathing. For a moment he stands like that, eyes far from the X-wing, sweat pouring down his face.

But then he looks down and sees what he leans on. Its the stone slab he had Rey sit on when he first tested her.

Standing up straighter, Luke raises a hand again and closes his eyes.

An image of Leia.

The X-wing begins to shift.

Han Solo. The X-wing moves again. Rey. The top of the X-wing pokes out of the water. Luke pulling Darth Vader's mask off to reveal Anakin's face. The X-wing is halfway out of the water. A image of Ben Solo, not Kylo Ren, smiling at Luke, as he is trained in the ways of The Force.

The X-wing pulls completely out of the water. Droplets pour off it into the waves below. Luke opens his eyes and gasps at The X-wing. He stares at it for a moment, then closes his eyes again. Luke guides the ship further up into the air with his hand. He motions to the side, and the ship floats over the cliff. Luke lowers his hand, and the X-wing thuds to the ground next to him. Luke opens his eyes again, and turns around.