Nine - Moving Rocks

Start from the beginning

Rey narrows her eyes. "Yes."

"Good. No don't move while these things shoot at you, as you try to block with a thin blade of light."

Rey ignores the comment, and pulls out the lightsaber. She activates it, the saber's blue blade humming to life. Luke clicks another button, and the remotes spread out around Rey. They begin to move erratically, bobbing up and down, spinning with no real regularity. Rey glances between them. With them placed evenly around her, she cannot look at all three at once. A bolt shoots out from one and hits Rey in the leg.

"Ow!" she hisses.

Another fires, hitting her in the shoulder.

"OW!" She shouts.

The last one fires. Rey actually manages to bring the lightsaber up, but the bolt passes just below her guard, and strikes her in the abdomen.

"That really stings!" She says, through gritted teeth.

"It's supposed to," Luke says.

Rey huffs, but doesn't take her eyes off the remotes. The one beside her fires, and Rey swings her blade around and successfully blocks the bolt. She smiles. The other two fire hitting her in the back. Rey yelps.

"Keep it up you're doing great," Luke says, suppressing a smile.

***

Luke and Rey are standing on a cliff peppered with rocks and boulders of varying sizes. Sparse grass pushing through the cracks is the only vegetation.

"Alright, Rey. Time to lift some rocks."

"Which ones? There's quite a few..."

"That one." Luke says, pointing to the biggest one. It is a massive boulder, as tall as Rey and just as wide.

"Uh shouldn't we start smaller..." Rey says, uncertain.

"You can if you'd like." Luke says, sweeping his hand to the smaller rocks around them. "But it doesn't really matter."

"Why not?" Rey asks.

"Because the size does not matter Rey. You aren't lifting the rock, the force is."

Rey shrugs. She raises her hands towards the boulder and starts to concentrate.

***

Crait

Finn sits on the salt ground out the bases His legs hang down into the trench he sits above. He stares out at the salt fields that stretch on for miles. Poe Dameron approaches from behind. He is carrying two metal cups, and a bottle of some kind of liquid. Finn looks up as he approaches. Poe sits down without a word, and puts both cups down. He fills each of them with a green liquid.

"What's that?" Finn asks.

"Something strong." Poe takes one of the cups, and downs the whole thing.

"We drinking to something?" Finn asks, looking somewhat confused.

"Not really." Poe replies. "I just needed something to drink, and you're the only one I trust not to tell anyone I have this."

Poe begins to fill his cup again. Finn takes the other cup, but doesn't drink from it. For several moments the two of them sit there, staring out at the salty landscape. Poe takes a sip of the green liquid.

"Something happen?" Finn asks, eventually.

Poe takes another sip.

"The General...Leia is pretty mad at me."