New beginings

June 1, 2016
3:20 pm

Dear Diary,
Today is the day I am moving to California. Mom has been dying for us to get out of blazing New York ever since she got engaged to Marcus in the spring. With my senior year of highschool being over it's not like I'm going to be missing much. I haven't made any solid friendships here. We moved to NYC when I was just starting high school because mom got a promotion. Me being shy, I didn't really make a lot of friends. I didn't mind it though. It allowed me to live a double life without having to explain myself to anyone. I was the shy girl by day and the adventurous wild brunette by night. I've gotten tired of the same o'dick in the city. This change in location should do me some good.

I'm taking a gap year, meaning I won't be going to college this year. I got accepted to Cal Berkeley and my spot is saved for the year after my gap year. I think this year I'll probably just adjust to living in Malibu with Marcus, and Lucus, his son. I have enough money saved up to go out and have fun. But I don't think money should be a problem. Marcus lives in a 6 bedroom three story mansion near the beach in Malibu. His house has 12 bathrooms. Can you believe that! What is the need for 12 bathrooms! There is all a huge infinity pool with a jacuzzi too. I've visited once after the engagement for a couple days and I got lost trying to go from my room to the kitchen. Marcus comes from old money meaning he comes from generations of wealth. I don't know what business he's in particularly but whatever it is, it allows him to be 38 years young, working from home while owning multiple sports cars. Mom doesn't have to work but she has too much pride to allow for her soon to be husband to pay for her the rest of her life. She likes to have her own money just incase anything goes bad. She gets paid well as a partner for a law firm. Albeit it's not Marcus well, but its well enough for us to support ourselves.

     My room is all packed and the moving trucks should be halfway to cali by now. I'm excited to start my new life. I'm can already taste the sweetness of this new beginning. I'll see you when I get settled into my new house

Love,
Molly💋