CH.4

Drew POV

"Here are your meds sir"? Ruford said
I'm glad I have someone to remind me to take my medication. Ruford has always been super helpful and loyal. Crap. I just remembered that I have a business meeting at 10:00 am and it is 9:25. I must get going.
"Which car sir shall you take today sir"? My driver asked. "I will be taking the black maybach today".
"Your late", my secretary said. "I'm never late; they're just early. And plus if they want my time, they will wait", I sharply said. I feeling a million eyes staring at me as I walk through to building to the conference room. The people around me are like sharks ready to attack. I catch a intern staring at me and decide to wink at her knowing it would drive her little heart crazy. 'Women', I thought. 'So easy to make them fall'.
I have made my billions off the oil industry that was handed down to me from my father. I also have a different sect of business that I started on my own. Cater Enterprise focuses on developing new technology that will be beneficial for the present and the future. That is truly my passion besides the oil company.
As I walk into the room, everyone stands in my presence. They know what to do. If not, they would be called out. I demand to respected. It's hard for people to take my serious sometimes because of my young age, so I had to prove to everyone one that I have what it takes to Run LC Oil Company (LC stands for Leonard Cater).

.......................
About an hour later, we are all able to come to an agreement. 'Ring', 'Ring'. I look at the caller ID on my phone and see that it is my mother. "Hello son". "Hello mom, and what do you want". "That is no way to speak to your mom young man. I was calling to invite you to brunch because we have family in town". "No thank you, but do tell them I said hello". "Andrew David Jacobson Carter you are coming"! She yelled. "Fine, but don't expect me to be in my best behavior".

Carmen POV

"Wake up Carmen", my mom said. "But it's Saturday", I whined. "Get up now"! My mom yelled. "Ok", I replied. Look at the calendar on my phone and realize that I have a get together today. Ugh. I hate those. I don't get along with any of my cousins, especially Brianna. I just know this isn't going to be pleasant.
We arrive at the venue around 11:30 am. The venue reads Claire's Palace. "Hey claire", Brianna says in a fake sweet voice. "Why are you being nice? Your never nice", I say worryingly. "Don't get it twisted. I'm just being nice for the time being. Daddy's going to me a new car for good behavior, so don't do anything to mess this up for me", Brianna threatened. "Whatever", I say.
I look down at my phone to see a text message from Drew. 'Can you meet me for brunch today' it read. 'Sorry I'm late brunch with my family', I responded. 'You got suckered into a family outing also', he texted. 'Yep', I replied. 'We can always ditch', he sent. 'Maybe next time', I replied.
I have a back habit of walking and texting at the same time, so I didn't see a person standing in front of me when I ran into them.
I look up to see a familiar face. Well, this brunch is about to get a whole lot interesting.

Be sure to check out Death's Kiss on my profile under works. The first couple of chapters are posted. This book will be made fully available on Amazon in the coming weeks or months.