Waiting...

(Slight mention of a homophobic parent- sorry if it affects anyone)

ELOISE'S P.O.V

Today is the day. Vidcon.

It's safe to say that I am terrified.
I have seen all the pictures of planes crashed in the sea and those weird documentaries Phil falls asleep in front of.

Shut up Eloise.
Your being stupid.
You have to be brave.
They can't have a daughter who is incapable to fly.

I sit down next to the suitcases and open Harry Potter and the philosophers stone.
I'm obsessed with it!

'The train began to move. Harry saw the boys mother waving and their sister, half laughing, half crying, running to keep up with the train until it gathered too much speed; then she fell back and waved.'

I jump at the sudden sound of a suitcase thudding down beside me. I end up dropping my book and loosing the page. I look up to see Dan laughing at me.

"Dan! Don't do that she's lost her page now!"
Phil stumbles round the corner with a large suitcase that looks like it could pop at any moment.

"We're only going for a week Phil..." Dan says to him. He just nods in return.

Dan bends down (😏) and picks up my book.
"Where were you in the story?" He asks me
"They were getting on the train"
He flicks through the book and slips the paper clip on the top of the page.

~Cheeky Time Skip~

Dan and Phil were lining up to grab some drinks and snacks for the journey and left me in the waiting area to guard the hand luggage. I'm on my phone checking my instagram and scrolling through endless memes. I recognise some as Dan looks at them all the time.

An image pops up on my screen of Harry, Ron and Hermione on the train.

'Charlie's IPhone would like to airdrop this photo'

I look up from my phone and see a tall boy with dark brown hair smile at me. I smile back and he walks over to me.

"Hi" he says to me. "Harry Potter fan" He points to my top.

 "Harry Potter fan" He points to my top

I smile and nod.

'He thinks your weird'

'Your a nerd'

'Your hands look weird'

'Why can't you just be normal'

'He thinks your ugly'

The voices in my head chatter away but I gently push them aside.

"Why are you going to America?" He asks me. Do I tell him I'm the daughter of Dan and Phil? Will he think I'm weird if I say I'm going to vidcon?
"Umm..." I begin. I feel as if he can sense my fear...like a cat...ugh I hate cats.
"I'm going to vidcon" he tells me with a smile.

"I'm going too." I tell him quietly. His eyes light up.

"Really?! Who are you most excited to see? Where are you sat on the plane? Are you near me? Ahhh I'm so excited! How long have you been waiting to go? I've been waiting since Christmas! My Grandma got me tickets!"

How can someone talk so fast...

I answer back slowly..

"Um I don't know..."
I get cut off.

"Ah I'm so excited to see Dan and Phil"
I freeze.

"H-have you seen their n-newest live s-show?" I stutter.
Why am I so nervous?
How long does it take to get a drink?
Hurry up dads!

Charlie shakes his head.
"No my dad turned off the WiFi for a week. He's really annoyed because I'm gay..." he trailed off quietly.

I see Dan and Phil quite away behind us and catch their eye and beckon them over.

"I'm sorry about that" I tell Charlie whilst texting Dan:

'He's a fan. Haven't told him I'm your daughter. He hasn't seen the live show x'

"Hey!"
I say to Charlie who is sat next to me. "Isn't that them?"
He looks to where I'm pointing and whispers...

"Oh my god.."
He walks over and I see them take a quick picture, chat...

'Could everyone boarding the 11:00 plane to America, Gate D please begin to board'
I see Charlie leave to board and wave goodbye to me.

Dan and Phil power walk towards me trying not to spill their coffees.
Phil keeps hold of the food and drinks whilst Dan carries his bag as well as his own. I carefully sling my bag over my shoulder and line up to board the plane...

**********
Hello smol beans

Omg so I went to interactive introverts and omg it was so good! I didn't get to meet them but just going to the show was amazing.
(Don't worry I won't put any spoilers)

Anyway...
Have a good day
(I'm listening to the Dear Evan Hansen playlist right now yassss)