How could I even get used to this?

Wait!

No, Hope. You don't have to! Besides, you just need to stay a bit longer to have a decent period of experience.

It'll be impossible to receive this level of compensation anywhere else but staying here will be hard.

It's bad for me.

This is all Rale's fault, but I was to blame as well. Maybe if I gave Henerson a hint or told him straight up, he wouldn't react this way.

But why do I have to explain myself in the first place?

I don't understand...

My phone started ringing and I glared at the anonymous number on my screen almost immediately. He's been calling me without delay using different numbers and I guess he won't stop until I answer it.

Why was he desperate when he was the one who walked away?

These guys. I can't understand them all.

Rale immediately called back after I hung up and I frowned already on the verge of giving up.

Sigh.

He's really-

"Won't you answer that?" I jumped a bit as Henerson decided to surprise me by standing near the glass divider and watching me hesitate to answer a call from his friend.

My hands move from instinct and cover the screen from him which somehow sold me out.

"I-I was about to," I said as I stood up.

"And where are you going?" He pocketed his hands as I gave him a confused stare. "Answer it here or is it something I shouldn't hear?" He dared and I knew right there what he wanted me to do.

I shook my head to answer him and sent a quick message to Rale before putting my phone down.

Henerson never left his spot even if I already pretended to get back to work and it made me uncomfortable.

My phone vibrated from Rale's response and I looked into it by instinct.

'I'll wait. Please call me back.'

My eyes softened seeing how gentle that sounded.

Maybe I should-

"Mr. Dream."

Oh... he was still there. Our eyes met and I gulped. He was looking at me with an unreadable expression and I just didn't know what to do. My hands started sweating as I started to feel smaller.

"Sir?"

"Lock the door and come to my office." He simply said before returning to his table.

I don't like the sound of that.

I looked at his blurry figure through the glass before swallowing hard. He was facing my direction, waiting and I could feel his cold eyes on me despite the barrier.

"Hope." I stiffened when he called my name.

"Coming!"

I hurriedly stood up and went to the door.

I should run... I can do that and then pass my resignation tomorrow-

As if it's as easy as that. If only I wouldn't end up in the street if I lost this job.

Hope, just hold on a bit more.

I closed my eyes before locking the door but wait- what if he hurts me?! I quickly unlocked the door due to the fear of being trapped by an angry man.