Chapter 16

HENERSON

"We'll go first then." Mayvel smiled as she gave Hope another friendly hug. They already hit up and I'm just so amazed with this girl's social capability to make friends everywhere she goes.

"It's nice meeting you, Hope. Let's go out sometime just the two of us, how does that sound?" She asked and I anxiously frowned.

Please don't.

"That sounds great." Hope smiled widely, already captured by Mayvel's love trap and I frowned deeper.

"Mayvel, let's go," I said, interrupting them or this will get longer. Besides, I have to go back to the office immediately and talk to Hope.

If he does this again, I don't think I'll be able to handle it professionally.

"I'll get your contact to Hener then. Oh and bye Riley!"

Rale rudely rolled his eyes at her before shooing her away. Why is he even here until now?

He should have left after ruining our lunch- Don't tell me he's waiting for Hope.

Rale saw me glaring and immediately glared back.

"Hope," I called him closer away from the bastard and he obediently followed me towards the car. "I'll be back before 5 so make sure you'll wait for me," I said, glancing towards Rale who was waiting for him.

As if I'll give him a chance.

"Ok, I'll be waiting." He nodded and I smiled from that.

Is it ok if I kiss him here? Would he hate it? Hope blinked at me in confusion as I had an eternal debate.

Guess I can-

My eyes fell on my car window and saw Mayvel watching us excitedly. I gave her an odd look as she nodded, cheering me to do what I wanted and that backfired.

Sighed.

This is why I do not want her to meet Hope yet.

"I'll be back soon," I muttered as I got in the car.

"You coward." Mayvel teased as I drove away. "Why didn't you do it? You were dying to kiss him, it was amusing to see." She giggled.

"I can't do that in public. He's working under me and that place is close to my company. What if someone sees us from the office? It'll be a huge issue." I explained although it wasn't a big deal to me to begin with-

"As if that matters to you." She knows me too well and I smirked. "Hope is really pretty by the way."

I nodded proudly. He is, isn't he?

"Thanks from earlier by the way. You saved me."

"No sweat! I knew that he's the boy you like from the moment I saw him." Mayvel chuckled.

"Was it obvious?" I asked and she stared at me in disbelief.

"Duh! You're acting like a high school girl in love, Hener." She laughed at me teasingly and I rubbed the back of my neck in embarrassment. "Be thankful that Hope was an airhead in some ways, how could he not notice-"

"He knows actually." I interrupted her and she raised a brow.

"What?"

"Hope has been trying everything to make me confess, including what happened earlier if you've noticed but I won't give in so easily though," I said childishly as I drove continuously. "He's planning something to put me down. I'm afraid to take a risk without preparation-"

Oh shit! That slipped out.

"Wait, wait!" She cut me off as I turned to the left ready to drop this girl off. "Put you down? What do you mean?" She asked, worriedly.