Chapter 3

HENERSON

What the hell am I doing?

I massaged my temple as I listened to his weak sobs tingling my ear. Hope was trying so hard not to let it out by biting his lips but it's not working and I feel so guilty.

Stalking him and forcing him inside the car? I should be ashamed of myself!

And I even promised myself that I won't hurt him again... Everything was going well but then this happened.

I glanced at Hope only to find him staring down at his lap with eyes full of tears. He looked like a little kid and my chest began to feel heavy.

Look at what you did.

"Stop biting your lips. It'll get bruised." I said as I reached out for his chin but he immediately pushed my hand away from him. "That fucking hurts." He jumped on his seat when my tone changed and I frowned even more.

My fist clenched around the wheel before facing forward once again.

This is not what I planned.

How can I make you see that I wanted to be nice to you? It's just not working...

And to be honest, I don't know how to make it work but I-

I've been dying to make it up to you. I frowned at my stupid thoughts.

"Hope-"

"Please, I-I wanna go home..." He begged as if I'd bring him somewhere else.

I could feel his eyes on me but I didn't have the chance to look back as I turned the corner.

"Sir-"

"I'll move to the side." I interrupted him unintentionally. I felt him lean against the seat and wait for me to park the car.

Hope was finally silent for a minute until our eyes met. I bit the insides of my cheek until it drew blood to punish myself as soon as I saw how swollen his eyes were.

This is not what I wanted. This is far from what I wanted.

"Hope, what I did was wrong but I don't want you to go there-"

"How did you know?" He cut me off as he stared at me suspiciously.

"What?"

"Why were you there?! How did you know I was there? There's no way you'll go to that place." His lower lip trembled, nervously under my cold stares as I tried to hide what I truly felt.

How should I explain about the tracker?

"How sure of you that I do not visit those places?" I asked and he stared at me with wide eyes.

You're right, I don't.

Sigh...

"And that's not the issue here. It's not safe out there! You might stumble into someone dangerous-" He snorted and I glared at how rude he was when I was just looking after him.

"As far as I know, the person you are worried about is right here next to me." He glared back with so much hate and with that, I shut my mouth.

He's right. I hurt him badly before but I've already changed!

"Back then I was childish. I don't know what I'm doing."

I wanted to apologise but my pride won't let me. Why is it so damn hard?!

"You almost killed me!" I looked him in the eyes, and it showed so much pain and hatred. "Why did you do those things to me? What did I ever do to you?!" He shouted but I didn't even flinch.