Always catch you.

Right! Time to attempt to brighten up the mood since I just went on a depression rampage!

(Nagisas pov)

I was sitting outside my house waiting to spot a red head in the pouring rain.

Eventually, amongst all the grey I saw a vibrant tinge of red getting closer.

It took me a while to realise he was running toward me. I laughed a little at Karma covering his head with his jacket. He ran to were I was sitting and dipped his head under my umbrella.

"You could've told me it was going to rain. I didn't bring an umbrella!" He whined.

"Sorry, I can't control the weather." I said playfully. We began walking to school, Karma eventually getting use to the weather.

It was quiet. To quiet. I didn't really like how quiet it was.
"You know Karma..." He glanced down at me. I smiled. "I'm glad you agreed to walk to school with me! Just makes the day not as gloomy ya know" I giggled a little.

"Y-yeah..." I noticed a faint blush on his cheeks. He must feel embarrassed, being under an umbrella like this with another guy when he could be sharing an umbrella with a girl...

"Hey cheer up." He nudged my arm, as we got to school.

"Oh uh...sorry..."

"Hey so...I was gonna ask earliar...but I didn't want to spoil your good mood..." I glanced up at him, as we got inside the school building. "Where did you get the bruise on the side of your cheek?"

My hand quickly covered my cheek. I realised that the rain had washed of the make up I used to hide it.

"O-oh...I walked into my door just before bed last night..."

He held his stare for ask long time, before turning, and changing his shoes.

I let out a quiet sigh, before changing my own.

...I obviously lied...no way I could tell Karma...I could never tell him...

~flashback to this morning~

"Nagisa~ sweetie, who are you walking to school with today?" My mom yelled to my room.

I came downstairs, wearing Karmas jacket. It smelt so nice, just like Karma.

I then noticed my mom glaring at me.
"So your walking to school with HIM." My mom sighed. "I don't see why you can't just make girl friends. A proper lady shouldn't surround herself with horrible people like that Akabane." My mom growled.

I twitched a little before yelling.
"MOM! DON'T SAY SUCH MEAN STUFF ABOUT KARMA! HE'S AN AMAZING PERSON!! SO STOP CALLING HIM HORRIBLE NAMES!!" As soon as I stopped yelling, I realised what I had just done.

She stomped up toward me, and grabbed the sides of my face, throwing me into the wall.

"It is my job! As your MOTHER! To make sure you're surrounded by the good kinds of people. And it is your job as my daughter, to let your mother guide you threw this world!"

I held my cheek, feeling the pain already.

Before I left the house, I covered it with some make up I bought just for the occasion.

~back to present~

"Hey Nagisa, wanna hang out after school today?" Karma asked me as we were walking to class.

My face felt a little hot as I quickly nodded. "W-where too?" I questioned.

"Maybe the park, or ice cream, I don't know; something"