~Chapter 7~

Recap:

"Hi mom" I said unsurely, my palms sweating behind my back.

My moms calm eyes widened and her mouth opened so much that I could probably fit 3 footballs in there. "L-Lily?" she said with a shocked voice, looking over my features again.

She probably wasn't proud...

"That's me" I said, putting my shaking hands into the back pocket of my jeans.

----------------------------------

"Oh my goodness...." she trailed off. She stood frozen to her spot, not opening the door wider for me to cone in, and not running over to kiss or hug me.

Guess I deserve it.... I wasn't necessarily the best daughter ever.

"Jonath-Jo-Jonathan!" my mom yelled out, her eyes not leaving me, like if she looked away I would disappear.

Which is what I honestly am hoping for right now.

I heard loud and quick footsteps in the house instantly, and one minute later a man with dark brown hair, blue eyes, a five o'clock shadow, and baggy clothes is in front of me. "What do y-" he started, but stopped talking when he saw me. "And who are you?" the man said to me.

Wow! Did I change that much?!

Sigh.

"Dad..... it's me, Lillian" I said with a smile, but the smile never reached my eyes.

"Holy crap" he said, startled by my appearence. I raised an eyebrow at him and he shook his head. "No no, it's nothing personal. We just..."

"We just..... what?" I said, raising my other eyebrow.

"We just.... thought you were dead.." my dad said uncomfrortably, shifting on his feet from side to side.

"You thought I was-"

"How could you do that to us?" my mom yelled at me, tears forming in her eyes. "We were worried sick!"

"I didn't think you would care! When I was younger I was a ghost to you! It was like I wasn't even there!" I yelled at her.

"Stop being jealous of your brother! Do you even care that he's dead!" she replied snarkily.

My eyes turned darker then they already were, causing my mom and dad to step back. "DO I CARE ABOUT HIM? YES, I CARE ABOUT HIM! I WAS THE ONE WHO CLEANED HIS CUTS WHEN YOU GUYS SAID YOU HAD TO GO TO "WORK"! I WAS THE ONE WHO CALMED HIM DOWN WHEN HE WENT CRAZY! I WAS THE ONE WHO STOPPED HIM FROM BECOMING SUICIDAL! I GO TO HIS G-GRAVE E-EVERYD-DAY! I LOVE HIM!" I yelled out, tears coming out of my eyes. I felt Hunter squeeze my wrist, and I span around and hugged him tightly, not planning on letting go.

"H-He thought about s-suicide?" my mom asked, but I didn't answer. I just cried more, gripping onto Hunter's shirt like it was my life support.

I felt skinny hands touch my shoulder. "Hon-"

"Don't touch me" I muttered out, cutting off my mom. The fingers slowly lifted off of me as I sobbed.

"Honey I-"

"No. I don't want to hear it" I said, smashing my face gently into Hunter's chest. He kissed my head and hugged me back more tightly, making me feel more secure. More safe.

More at home.

"Baby doll? I'm so sorry" my dad said from a distance in a pained voice.

"I'm sorry too" my mom said, softening up.

"I'm sorry too" I mumbled to them, making Hunter gasp.

"Lily? Saying sorry? It's the end of life as we know it!" Hunter yelled dramatically, making me laugh.

"Shut up, you dork" I chuckled out, letting go of him and lightly slapping his arm.

"Ouchieeee!" Hunter whined out, rubbing his arm, making me laugh even more.

When I turned around to look at my parents, they both had matching smirks on their faces. "What?" I said.

"Aren't you going to introduce us to your boyfriend?" my mom and dad said at the same time, making Hunter wiggle his eyebrows at me and me choke on air.

"W-What?" I asked.

"Aren't y-"

"No no, I heard what you said!" I looked at them with wide eyes. "We're not-"

"I'm Hunter" Hunter said, holding his hand out.

My mom shakes his hand first, her hand small and gentle. "Nice to meet you" she says politely with a smile.

Hunter grinned back and said "Nice to meet you too, ma'am." When my mom scooted over I slammed my palm onto my forehead.

"Here comes the embarrassing part" I whispered to myself as I saw my dad put a "it's going down" face on.

When my dad started walking over to Hunter, Hunter almost backed away. I laughed when he put his foot out to step back, but he quickly brought his foot back and pretended not to be scared of my dad.

I mean, I would be utterly terrified of my dad. He's 7'1" and can probably lift one of those big monster trucks!

When my dad grabbed Hunter's hand, Hunter automatically started going towards the ground. "You're crushing my hand, sir" Hunter said in a pained way, but in a way that he didn't sound like he was whining or anything.

"I know" my dad said with a fake smile. "Break my daughter's heart and that you're hand won't be the only thing getting an operation. Got it?"

"Yes sir" Hunter groaned out. My dad released his hand then, and Hunter automatically retracted his hand back towards him and cradled it as he walked back towards me.

"Serves you right" I said when he was next to me again. When he just glared at me I turned back towards my parents and gave them a lopsided smile. "Me and him-"

"Hunter and I" my mom corrected, making me force myself not to roll my eyes.

"Hunter and I aren't dating" I said to them, pointing to Hunter and me.

"Maybe not now...." my mom said, making me furrow my eyebrows in cunfusion, and Hunter suppress a laugh.

"What do you mea-"

"Come in! Come in! I just made dinner!" my mom said cheerily, running inside the house. I looked towards my dad in a pointed way, making him back away slowly.

"Wait up, hun!" he said nervously, running into the house after my mom.... and away from my answer.

God damnit!

"Hunter what did she mea-"

"I'm coming too! Wait for me!" Hunter yelled, not letting me finish my question.

"Hunter!" I yelled out in an annoyed voice, running after him.