~Chapter 3~

A banshee-like screech suddenly got blasted into my ears, waking me up from the best sleep I've had this whole year. Groaning and whimpering at the same time, I stuck my arm out from under the blankets that were on top of me- immediately feeling 20 times colder- and started randomly placing my hand on places on top of the nightstand next to me, my eyes shut as tight as possible and my face being smothered by the pillows to the point where I was surprised I wasn't suffocating.

"Where the hell is that coming from?" I muttered to myself- though I'm pretty sure others (if there is anyone with me) would hear something completely different because of the pillows-, voicing out my frustration as my hand movements became angrier and faster, the sound becoming more and more irritating by the second. 

After what seemed like hours my hand finally landed on a vibrating object, which made happiness and relief overcome me. But those two emotions didn't stop me from gripping the vibrating object with a death grip that would leave permanent scars on a human body, and brought it to me with the urge to shoot whatever it was repeatedly with one of the most effective guns made.

When the object was brought close to my face I sluggishly turned my head to face it- leaving my limp body still facing the mattress- and saw that it was the new battery-operated alarm clock Hunter bought yesterday with a big and bold "7:00am" sign being flashed at my face, making me groan and whimper at the same time. 

The goddamned clock woke me up 45 minutes before school started, and was now making sure I knew that based on the fact that the more I kept it on the louder and more annoying it got. I tried just putting the clock under the pillow to muffle the sound and go back to sleep- since I didn't know how to turn it off- but the sound ended up, believe it or not, just getting louder and more agitating. After trying about ten different things to try to go back to sleep, I gave up and started slapping and pushing random buttons, which only ended up bringing more chaos. 

"Today will be a sunny day, at around 60 degrees-," I heard when I hit one of the buttons, the beeping still there, making me whimper and hit another button. 

"Traffic on the east end of I-90. Looks like it'll be a bumpy-," a woman said, adding to the noise and the migraine that was quickly forming. 

"I'm here with the newest, upcoming boy-band! The one, one only, T-" I heard some teenage sounding girl say, making me hold back a scream as I kept pressing buttons. 

"Here, on Channel 10 News, we make sure th-" 

"Oh my gosh, shut the hell up!" I screamed as I kept trying to find a switch or a button that would turn it off, but I couldn't find anything at all. Annoyed and irritated, I turned my body so my stomach was facing the bed again and slammed my face into the pillow, screaming into the pillow for about a good five minutes. While I screamed I heard the sound of pans clattering loudly in the kitchen and that annoying alarm clock in the background, making so much noise that I started to kick and punch the bed while laying down on it, pretending it was whoever was making the noise.

As people can probably tell by now, I'm not a morning person.

When I calmed down slightly and stopped screaming, I turned over again so my back was on the bed and groaned. "Hunter! Why the hell did you make the alarm ring so early?" I yelled towards the kitchen where I knew he would be. The alarm started to ring even louder now, and I was getting sick and tired of it, so I thought of the best idea ever known to man.

I grabbed the annoying alarm clock with a death grip threw the alarm clock against the wall, finally making it shut up. A couple seconds after that is when I heard the sound of heavy footsteps clomping on the hard wood floors and an amused chuckle coming from my right.