Chapter 4

I awoke with a pain in the bottom of my feet.  My eyes clearned enough for me to start seeing what was around me, letting the fogginess fade slowly.  I took a deep streach and a big yawn as I hit the bottom of my bed.  I jolted back as a burning feeling serged through my feet, and up to my leg.  "AHH!" I yelled as I jolted up in bed now sitting, with the feeling of tears drip down my cheek.  I took an inhale as I kept feeling tears flow out of my eyes.  I pulled my feet closer to me, as I rubbed them, hearing footsteps run throught the hallway.  The footsteps stopped as a knock came through the door.  "Phoenix, can I come in?" Jane asked, as the door creeped open.  I grunted in pain as I spoke.  "Yeah, it's open" I said, as I rubbed my feet, feeling the sizzling pain come from the bottom of them.  Jane opened the door, as she walked in, and sat on my bed.  "How you feeling?" she asked, as she watched me rub my feet.  I looked under my covers, seeing both my feet wrapped up in a gauze.  The gauze was white, except the bottom was a bit red.  "Was I bleeding from the wounds?" I thought to myself, as I rubbed my feet.  "Ouch,  they hurt" I said, as a tear fell down my cheek.  Jane rubbed my back as she spoke. "Yeah, you burnt them badly.  I'm going to have to call a doctor, seeing how it proplably hurts to walk" she said, sounded worried.

I sighed as I stopped rubbing my feet.  I looked over at the time, seeing it said ten.  My eyes widdned as I realized it was ten in the morning, and I was late  for work.  Quickly, I jumped out of bed, and ran towards the dresser. I ignored the burning for now, I just had to go to work, and fast.  I made it down the hallway as I fell on the floor, and the burning became stronger.  I screamed in pain, as a tear fell down my cheek, making me whimper in pain.  Jane walked out of the room, as she looked ar me.  "What are you doing?" she asked, as she reached for me, and helped me back up.  "I have work to do.  Got to finish the garden" I said, as she walked me back into my room.  Footsteps got closer as Takeru and Yui ran in.  "Is she ok, we heard screaming?" Yui said, as they both looked at me.  Jane sat me on the bed, as she helped me off my feet.  She put my feet on a giant pillow, as she sighed. Jane looked back at them.  "She's fine.  Her feet is still sore, that's all" Jane said with a sigh, as she looked at me.  She huffed as she walked out of the room.  "Yui, make sure she doesn't get on her feet, I'm getting some ice" Jane said as she completley left the room, heading towards the kitchen.  

Yui and Takeru gor comfortable, as they came into the room more. The door creaked shut quietly, as everything fell silent. Yui got closer to my head, as she knelt of the floor and Takeru sat in the computer chair, with his elbows resting on his knees.  "You look tired again" he said, cracking a little smile.  I moaned as I spoke. "My feet hurt.  What happend last night?" I asked as I tried sitting up in bed.  "You fell asleep, and your feet got a little bit of the flames" Yui explained, as the door opened and Jane came in with a bag of ice.  "Here, rest your feet on that" she said, as she placed the bag of ice on the bed.  I bent my knees as I rested them on the ice, hearing sizzling throught the room.  The ice burned up against the bottom of my feet, making me jolt in pain.  "Ah, it hurts a lot" I said, as I sat up more in bed.  Jane sighed as she got up.  "Get some rest. You need a lot of it" she said, as she left the room. I sighed as I looked out the window, seeing blue sky's and the glow from the sun.  White puffy clouds drifted across the sky, making it a little cloudy as before.

I sighed, as it donged on me that I had work today.  I flipped off the sheets in a panic, as I got up and ran towards the door.  Imedantly, pain serged through my feet again, making me collasped to the door.  "Phoenix" Yui said, as both her and Takeru helped me back in bed.  I placed my feet on the ice as I jolted in pain.  The burn serged through my heel as it caled down to ice.  "Phoenix, you got to stay in bed, just until your feet stop burning" yui said, catching my attention.  I looked out the window in thought of finishing the flower bed.  I huffed as I turned back to the two of them.  "But I told the librarian that I'll finish the flowers today" I siad, worried about finishing the job.  Jane huffed, as she came back in and spoke.  "She'll have someone else doing it. She did like your work though." My eyes widdened in shock.  "What? But we need the money" I said, panicking a little more now.  "Phoenix, for one you can't even stand on your feet.  And two, I called your work, and your being forced to take time off" she said, cracking a smile.  My eyes widdened as I looked at her.  "What?" I said, in a panic. Jane sighed, as she walked back in.  "Your taking time off. Enough time to properly heal from your feet. Then I think i'm going to keep you home for a while."  My eyes widdened in fear of not having enough money.  "But my job" I said in a panic.  "There's no rush, you'll finish after you rest and hopefully you'll have some fun" she said with a smile.

I lied my head back on the pillow, as I sighed.  I put my feet back on the ice, as I closed my eyes.  I opened them as I saw Jane smile at the door, as the other two was walking out.  I felt tired a  little bit as I looked out the window, feeling my eye lids getting heavy by the minute.  "Now get some rest. Someone will always be in here to help you out.  Just give a yell" Jane said, as she exited the room, shutting the door behind her.  I huffed as I shifted to lay in bed. I looked out the window, seeing the clouds still drifting along the sky.  The white puffy clouds seemed relaxing, like they were giant pillows that kept the blue sky calm. I felt a slight breese cross my head, as I noticed the window open slightly.  I sighed, as I felt my eyes getting heavy, as I became tired.  I shut my eyes, as I fell back into a deep sleep, knowing there's nothing more to do at this moment.

A few hours later

I woke back up with something fuzzy sitting on the side of me.  I saw Usamro sitting right on the side of my bed again, sniffing the air.  I cracked a sleepy smile, as I rubbed his head.  He flinched at first, then started to sniff my hand.  I chuckled as I watched him.  "Your so cute" I said to him, as I looked out the window.  I felt something wet come upon my hand, followed by a little pinch.  I jolted a bit as I spoke. "Ouch" I said, a little loud.  I moved my hand away, as I pushed the carrot on my bed, closer towards the bunny.  Footsteps walked closer towards the door, as a knock came upon the door.  Tsukito opened the door as he walked in.  "Feeling any better?" he asked, as he walked closer towards the bed.  I nodded as I spoke.  "Yeah except for the fact that your bunny just bit me" I said with a chuckle.  He cracked a little smile, as he grabbed the bunny from my bed. "Usamaro no.  Eat the carrot" he said, as he handed the carrot up to the bunny's mouth.  Usamaro started to nibble on the carrot, while Tsukito held him.

I smiled as I put my head back down, and looked out the window.  The ice was so cold, that I couldn't even feel my feet completely.  It was like they were completely numb, which was good for the burn.  I sighed as I looked at the blue sky through the window.  "Something wrong Phoenix?"  Tsukito asked as he looked up at me.  I turned my head to look at him, as I got more comfortable.  "No, just it's so nice out.  I wished I could go to the lake today" I said, as I looked back out the window.    My head flopped down as it hit the pillow, and I continued to study the sky.  Tsukito sighed as he leaned back in his chair, with Usamaro in his arms, chewing on the carrot.  "I know you go there to be alone, but it would be nice to see the lake that you go to" he said, as it grabbed my attention.  I looked over at him, as I sighed.  I thought about them all being there, and how it might've been.  "Maybe, I'll take everyone there someday" I said, with a slight smile as I lost it, and focused back out the window.  Tsukito looked at me, as he just stared.  I looked over, as I squinted in confusion.  "Something wrong?"  he asked, as he kept his pose.  I shook my head, as I looked back out the window.  "No, this is just why I work so much.  It keeps me from being upset."  

The room fell silent, as I took a deep breath. I sighed as I spoke. "This is also why I go to the lake."   Usamaro jumped from his arms and hopped out of the room, leaving it in silence again.  "Phoenix, can I ask you something about your upsetting mood?" he asked, grabbing my attention again.  "What about it?" I said, with a little sigh.  "Jane  said something about your parents being gone, is that the reason that your like that?"  I sighed as I looked out. "Partly, but I don't want to talk about it."  Silence came upon us again, as he sighed. I rested my head back on the pillow, hearing footsteps walking into the room.  A knock came on the door, as Jane walked into the room.  "Tsukito, let's let her rest more, we're going for a walk if you want to come" she said, with a welcoming smile on her face.  Tsukito looked back at me.  "It's fine.  I'll just go back to sleep" I said with a smile.  Tsukito smiled as he got up.  "Rest up" he said with a smile, as he walked out of the room, and I fell back asleep.