Chapter 6

When we got back in the house, I walked strait into my room and shut the door.  Footsteps entured the hallway, as the door opened and Jane walked into the room.  "Come out and visit" she said, as she grabbed my hand and started to pull me towards the door.  I huffed in frustration as I stayed there, still as can be.  "Jane, please stop pulling me" I demanded, as she stopped, and looked at me.  Her eyes went huge with confusion, as she did what I said.  I sighed, as I walked over to the bed, and lied down.  I rolled over to look out the window, as I sighed in frustration. I watched the clouds flow through the sky, looking like big puffy beds that drifted in the sky.  It made me think of the lake again, and how much that I wanted to go, even though Jane stopped me. I nessled my head into my pillow, getting even more down as usual.  A knock came on the door, as Jane came in and shut the door.

"Please Phoenix, come out and visit with us.  Do something and stop being a homebody" she said, with a frustiratiting tone of voice.  I sighed as I looked at her.  "Please, get out of my room.  You weren't invited, so I don't want you in here" I said, getting even more angry with her.  Jane's eyes widened as her mouth dropped.  She gasped as she put her hands on her hips.  "Phoenix Kusanagi, don't talk to me like that" Jane said, with a agrivated tone of voice.  She sounded like our mom when we fought with her, and it made me want to go to the lake even more.  I got aggravated, as I got up and walked out of my room, with her following me.  "Phoenix, let's talk about this" Jane said, as I started to put my shoes on.  I sighed as I opened the door, and walked out in silence.  I started to walk towards the lake, as I heard the door open, and someone starting to run. "Phoenix, don't ignore me.  Please stop" she said, with frustration in her voice.  I stopped in my tracks as I turned around to look at her.  "IS IGNORING YOU NOT A WARNING THAT I DON'T WANT TO TALK AT THE MOMENT?!" I yelled out in frustration. Jane watched me in shock, mouth wide open, and not saying a thing to me. I started to feel tears flow down my cheek.  I didn't want to yell at her, but at this moment, I had no choice.  Jane shook her head, as her face softened, and she walked closer to me.  "Phoenix, I'm sorry" she said, as she extended her arms.  I shook my head, as I turned around, and started to walk to the lake again. 

I walked really fast all the way to the lake, and finally stopped when I got there.  I sighed as I took in the bright sunshine and the cool breese that came off the water.  The water sparkled under the sun, adding a beautiful, but blinding glow to the water. The heat bursted through the water, adding a little mist to the air.  I sighed as I closed my eyes, and took it all in, letting it calm me down a bit. I sighed as I opened my eyes, and looked at the sky, seeing the bright sun, and the drifting clouds pass through the deep blue sky.  I sighed as I lied on my back, and studied the sky more. The clouds drifted to the sides in relaxation, making little shapes in the air.  I sighed, as I closed my eyes, feeling the heat of the sun, beam down on me and the earth, heating up everything.  I inhaled deeply, as I exhaled, seeing the sun darken through my eye lids.  I got confused by the concept of this. "What? It's raining, this quickly?" I asked myself, as I heard a slight chuckle.  "I didn't know you needed that much sleep?" I looked up to see Jane standing there at my head.  I jolted up as I got to my feet, and looked around. I gave her a an unhappy look, as I got frustraited with her. "Jane, you know I came here to be alone" I said, in frustraition.  Jane sighed as she put her hands up, then let them slap back down at her sides.

"I know, but you can't avoid our company. Even if your off work."  I huffed as I looked at her, with anger in my eyes.  "Jane, you are the reason why I'm not at work.  What else am I supposed to do?" I asked, as I opened my arms.  Jane huffed as she looked at me, her arms still crossed.  "Have fun, do stuff with us.  We're planning a beach trip in a few days, so come with us to that" she said, trying to get me see the point she was making. I sighed as I shifted in my stance, looking down at the ground.  I felt like crying, right there and then. I put my hand up to my eyes, like I was covering them, trying not to show it.  I jolted as I heard movement, and Jane came closer to me.  She stopped as if she was going to hug me, and looked at me.  My eyes widdned, as my hand came down in surprise.  She looked at me to watch my reaction, then continued as she completed the hug.  I didn't hug her back, not wanting one at the moment.  I felt one of her arms wrap around my back, as a hand was placed on my head, holding me up to her.  I felt her chin on the top of my head, as she sighed. It was silent at first, as a little wet drop hit my head.  It confused me at first, seeing that it was a clear day out.