Chapter 3

I got up early again, as the house stayed silent.  I looked over, seeing Yui gone and not asleep which was a little different.  I shifted over as I saw Usamaro, standing at the door on his hind legs.  The bunny sniffed the air as it left the room, hopping down the hallway.  I took a deep stretch as I moaned awake, then got completley out of bed.  I went into the closet and pulled out a tan tee shirt, and a pair of jeans. I collected the rest of my things, as I went into the bathroom for a shower.  Luckly no one was using the bathroom at this time.  The house stayed silent, as movement started to shift throughout the house.  The sound of a sizzling frying pan came from the kitchen, as the sounds of silverware, hitting a plate came in between.  I made sure my shower didn't take that long, seeing how we had people over, more like ancent greek gods.  I shut the water off, as I grabbed my towel and jumped out.  Once again, my brown hair went into my usual braid down my back. I threw on a black tank top, with a dark blue plad on top of that.   I picked up my towel from the floor, as I looked at the basket, seeing it a little full.  I sighed as I thought to myself.  "I'm going to do towels later, seeing how we had more people over" I said, as I looked at myself in the mirror.  My eyes had little lines under them, but not enough to notice them.  I heard footsteps walk through the room, as someone spoke.  "Good morning, Yui, Jane" Balder's voice said chipper through the walls.  I sighed as I thought of everyone being up at this time of morning.  Once again, I balled up my towel and threw it into the hamper, as I took another look in the mirror.  "Now, to get that guarden done" I said, with a huff, as I tried to put a smile on my face, but failed.

I walked out of the door, and into the kitchen, seeing plates full of food.  Jane was cooking waffles on the stove, Yui was at the table eating with Balder sitting right next to her, getting ready to eat himself.  I was shocked to see them all up this early in the morning.  Jane turned around from the stove, as she reached and handed me a plate of food.  "Good morning, you still working today?" she asked, as she handed me the plate.  I nodded as I took it from her, then grabbed a glass and filled it with juice.  I walked over to the other side of Yui, as I sat at the table to eat.  "Morning Yui, Balder.  You two are up early" I said, supprized that they're up.  Yui looked at me with a smile, and Balder cleared his throat before he spoke.  "Morning Phoenix" he said in a chipper tone of voice.

Yui looked at me while she spoke. "Phoenix, can you get out of work early, so we can see you longer today?" she asked, as she sounded like it hurt to ask the question.  I sighed as I thought of it.  "Maybe, I like to get the bed for the library done today, and I have things to do on it" I said.  Yui sighed a little down, as she picked at her food again.  "Ok. It would be fun if you joined us, with whatever we decide to do today" she said, as she took another bite of her waffle.  Jane turned around as she nodded. "It would be nice if you could spend at least one day with us" she said in the same tone as Yui.  I sighed as I spoke.  "I know, but we got to have food too."   Jane turned around as she spoke.  "Phoenix, a few days won't hurt us, plus you made enough money for this week.  You could use a few days off" she said, as she cracked a smile. I sighed as I continued to eat.  I heard a yawn as Loki walked into the kitchen.  "Morning" he said, as he looked around the room.  He stopped when he noticed me, then cracked a smile.  "You joining us to wherever we go?" he asked, as he stood against the wall.  I shook my head as I whipped the crumbs off my mouth.  "No, got work again.  Got to finish something today" I said, as I went back to eating.  He sat there as his eyes went huge.  "What?  Come on" he said, sounding down.

I finished eating as I grabbed my plate, and moved from the table.  "Here, have a seat and get something to eat" I said to Loki as I walked to put my dish in the sink.  Loki sat down as he started to eat.  "So your not joining us?" he asked, to clarify things.  I nodded as I went into the living room to finish getting ready for work.  Yui sighed, as she turned to Jane.  "Can you make her stay home today?" Yui asked as she glanced at Jane.  Jane looked at me as she sighed.  "She does have something to finish.  Hopefully you can be done, so you can join us" she said, with a smile on her face.  I cracked a little smile, as I lost it completely.  I put my coat on as I opened the door, and left for work.  "See you later. Have fun today" I said as I closed the door, and walked to the library to finish the garden.