Chapter 41

Katniss' POV:

I lay my head on the left crook of his neck. I grab his hand and we entwine her fingers. I let a smile smile appear on my face.

His strong hands provide me with extra comfort. We stay silent. In the same position. Feeling at peace after our dreams nearly haunted us.

Well mine must've haunted me the most. I can't imagine a child developing inside me. Not at this time of my life. I'm 19, Peeta is too.

I sigh and fix my gaze onto Peeta's upper arm. His muscles just being shown beneath the edge of his shirt. The muscles developed via sack carrying at the bakery.  

My gaze turns into a stare. Peeta is the one that snaps me out of it. The reason, his hand releases from mine and he hugs me.

I look up at him and he looks down on me. We smile before our lips connect for a small peck. I am reluctant to pull away but I must.

"Do you want to start planning our big day?" Peeta asks me.

I shake my head. "No. It's only been a day since you asked. I'm still taking it all in."

"Okay." He replies simply. But it's true. I still can't believe he asked me.

"Sorry Peeta but I just want the engaged status to sink in." I sadly apologize.

"That's okay. I'm totally fine with it." Peeta retorts but I notice a little something in his voice.

I sit up and turn to face him. I pin his hands to his side and lean closer to him. "Are you sure?"

"Yes. Completely sure." I shake my head with a smirk.

"You're hiding something from me Peeta." I state, leaning my forehead against his. "You know what happens when you don't tell me." I brush my lips down his nose.

He lets out a quiet moan. "Katniss." I lead my lips towards his but leave mine millimetres away from his.

"Come on what is it?" I say, closing my eyes. Peeta starts to pant.  He wants me but that won't come easily.

I let my lips glide down on his neck and he groans. "Katniss. I'm not okay with it."

"Why?" I ask whispering into his ear and place my forehead against his again.

"I want to plan it because I love you." Peeta admits. I lean closer, teasing Peeta. Making him hope he'll recieve a kiss. I slowly open my eyes and look into his piercing blue ones.

"Come on just give me a kiss already." Peeta asks getting annoyed. I chuckle before kissing him.
He deepens it and I place my hands on his cheeks. He hands find a place to situate themselves on my waist but to annoy him more I break it.

"Katniss." Peeta whines like a little kid.

"What? I gave you a kiss."