Chapter 3

* Katniss' POV: *

"Peeta? Peeta!" I scream. I place the pearl back in the drawer and shove it closed. I quickly exit and race downstairs.

I sprint to the kitchen and dart my eyes around the scene. Shards of glass scattered all over the ground; pot and pans lying everywhere.

My mouth drops open. I don't move but try to find Peeta.

"YOU MUTT!" I feel a hard grip on my shoulder and I shriek. Peeta spins me round and he stares at me. I see his eyes are the colour of midnight black and his pupils are contracting.

"Peeta.. It's not real."

"IT'S REAL. YOU KILLED MY FAMILY. SO I'M GOING TO KILL YOU." Peeta slaps me on the face. Ge pushes me to the ground, the force so hard. I place my hand on the throbbing cheek and look up at Peeta.

"It's not real. Come back to me Peeta. I love you."

"NO YOU DON'T LIAR." Peeta clutches his hands and clenches his teeth together. I see his chest rise and fall heavily.

"Peeta. Stay with me! Stay with me!" I repeat as calmly as I could. Peeta grips his hands onto his blonde hair and squeezes his eyes closed. He's trying to fight it.

"YOU.....MUTT...Katniss...I... MUTT.."

Come on Peeta. I continue to cheer in my mind. He's getting close to returning to me. Peeta gets onto his knees and opens his eyes but stares at the ground.

"Katniss... GET AWAY FROM ME MUTT." he screams as I crawl over to him. I sit I front of him and lift his chin. His eyes are repeatedly changing from black to blue.

"Peeta. Stay with me." I plead.

Peeta closes his eyes once more and screams. In an instant his muscles aren't as tight and he drops his hands to the ground.

"Always."